Players expected to excel | The Boneyard

Players expected to excel

Reaction Score
My gut tells me this will be another Clark vs Boston battle for POTY accolades. I'm trying to think who could be the surprise player to enter this conversation. I think Cameron Brink might be that woman if she cleans up her game and cuts down on the fouls.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I can see Key having a big year. I was going to say Rickea Jackson.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling that someone from University of Texas will end up on the mid-season version of this list.

Reaction Score
I can see Key having a big year. I was going to say Rickea Jackson.
Im surprised that everyone is expecting Jackson to void out Horston's production for this team. Not saying you are specifically saying that , but i saw Pre-Season first team for SEC and Jackson and key were there but horston was pushed down to 2nd team . Horston will still be this teams best overall player , but she's also sometimes their biggest cancer and that's when Jackson should be prime . Hopefully with the new additions at PG should keep Horston from having to be the primary ball handler and play maker after Walker takes a breather on the bench it will now be Powell or Miles the sophomore.

Reaction Score
I'm excited for Olivia Miles!
Yeah shes coming along nicely , coming to ND early has definitely benefitted her game. Interested to see if she sticks around another 2 years after she becomes draft eligible after next season her "junior" year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yeah shes coming along nicely , coming to ND early has definitely benefitted her game. Interested to see if she sticks around another 2 years after she becomes draft eligible after next season her "junior" year.
She'll be draft eligible? Will she be old enough?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Im surprised that everyone is expecting Jackson to void out Horston's production for this team. Not saying you are specifically saying that , but i saw Pre-Season first team for SEC and Jackson and key were there but horston was pushed down to 2nd team . Horston will still be this teams best overall player , but she's also sometimes their biggest cancer and that's when Jackson should be prime . Hopefully with the new additions at PG should keep Horston from having to be the primary ball handler and play maker after Walker takes a breather on the bench it will now be Powell or Miles the sophomore.
Since the injury and having to miss the end of last season. I think Horston is going have her best year ever. I think she will be a AA this year. I mentioned Jackson. Because one she is really good. I think she will benefit from playing with this team. She hasn't played yet in a NCAA tournament game yet.
That's not all on her either. One year it was canceled.

Reaction Score
She'll be draft eligible? Will she be old enough?
She would have completed 4 years of College . She technically played 2 freshmen seasons with her early enrollment she will be eligible after next season . She also turns 21 in 2023 as well so she will be well old enough as she wont be in the draft at earliest 2024.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She would have completed 4 years of College . She technically played 2 freshmen seasons with her early enrollment she will be eligible after next season . She also turns 21 in 2023 as well so she will be well old enough as she wont be in the draft at earliest 2024.
Miles turns 20 in January 2023. Enrolling early doesn't matter unless doing so advances her graduation date and makes her eligible for the WNBA draft before she's 22 years old.

A bit confusing the way you phrased it initially ("if she sticks around another 2 years after she becomes draft eligible"). I don't see a scenario in which Miles will be in a position to forego 2 years of eligibility at ND unless she is eligible for the 2023 draft. She won't be eligible for the 2023 draft, at 20 years of age, unless she's ready to graduate in May 2023. I doubt that's the case.

Assuming she's not draft eligible in 2023, she'll be eligible for the 2024 draft but only if she's ready to graduate in May of 2024 (she'll be less than 22 years old). If draft eligible in 2024, she'll only be foregoing 1 year of eligibility at ND.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Miles turns 20 in January 2023. Enrolling early doesn't matter unless doing so advances her graduation date and makes her eligible for the WNBA draft before she's 22 years old.

A bit confusing the way you phrased it initially ("if she sticks around another 2 years after she becomes draft eligible"). I don't see a scenario in which Miles will be in a position to forego 2 years of eligibility at ND unless she is eligible for the 2023 draft. She won't be eligible for the 2023 draft, at 20 years of age, unless she's ready to graduate in May 2023. I doubt that's the case.

Assuming she's not draft eligible in 2023, she'll be eligible for the 2024 draft but only if she's ready to graduate in May of 2024 (she'll be less than 22 years old). If draft eligible in 2024, she'll only be foregoing 1 year of eligibility at ND.
As an outside observer, I think if Miles can get to the WNBA earlier, she will do it. A lot of Swag and attitude in her that points to the WNBA ( a natural follower in the Arike, Mabrey tradition) . It should not be that hard to make up a half year's credits to graduate on time I imagine.

Reaction Score

Why enroll early if your not going to graduate early though ? Im confident she will enter 2023's draft. She will be a lottery pick for sure regardless of when she decides though tbh. You are correct the legal age is 22 during the draft year , the college years is what will make her eligible . She was not eligible for ACC freshman of the year due to her early enrollment so im sure that will count as a year of service in the NCAA which makes her 4 year term during her junior season with a covid extra year and her "Official senior year" available overall 2 extra years she could stay at ND, but no player has stayed there when eligible other than Turner who was coming off an ACL so it was best to stay .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why enroll early if your not going to graduate early though ? Im confident she will enter 2023's draft. She will be a lottery pick for sure regardless of when she decides though tbh. You are correct the legal age is 22 during the draft year , the college years is what will make her eligible . She was not eligible for ACC freshman of the year due to her early enrollment so im sure that will count as a year of service in the NCAA which makes her 4 year term during her junior season with a covid extra year and her "Official senior year" available overall 2 extra years she could stay at ND, but no player has stayed there when eligible other than Turner who was coming off an ACL so it was best to stay .
She enrolled for the 2nd semester of the 2020-2021 academic year.

She will only be eligible for the 2023 WNBA draft if she has graduated or will graduate within 3 months of the draft. That would mean graduating after 2 years and 1 semester at Notre Dame. Do you know that she will graduate that early?

“Year of service in the NCAA” (whatever that means) is irrelevant to eligibility for the draft when less than 22 years old.

Here is a link that explains the rules:

Reaction Score

She will only be eligible for the 2023 WNBA draft if she has graduated or will graduate within 3 months of the draft. That would mean graduating after 2 years and 1 semester at Notre Dame. Do you know that she will graduate that early?

“Year of service in the NCAA” (whatever that means) is irrelevant to eligibility for the draft when less than 22 years old.

She will be eligible for the 2023 WNBA draft is the main point :)

Reaction Score

@WFFL, are you being hypothetical and/or facetious, or do you really think Miles could complete a 4-year program in 2.5 years (roughly)?

The course load alone would be significant in addition to the player commitments for the team. I've seen players finish programs in 3 years, but the timeframe you sound like you're suggesting seems like a big reach.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She'll be 20.

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by TLC Europe

Reaction Score
I do apologize you all i have gotten my years confused its 2022 this year LOL i was referencing 2024 and did not realize my own words until i went back and read due to confusion as to why this was confusing to everyone else ! * Face palm* shoot me already LOL she will not be eligible until the draft after this next upcoming draft. I've been so focused on the WNBA calendar i forget the NCAA runs multiple years in one season . I do apologize to everyone as far as confusion . 2024 she will be there not next years draft in 2023.

Reaction Score
I do apologize you all i have gotten my years confused its 2022 this year LOL i was referencing 2024 and did not realize my own words until i went back and read due to confusion as to why this was confusing to everyone else ! * Face palm* shoot me already LOL she will not be eligible until the draft after this next upcoming draft. I've been so focused on the WNBA calendar i forget the NCAA runs multiple years in one season . I do apologize to everyone as far as confusion . 2024 she will be there not next years draft in 2023.
Glad we've gotten this cleared up. I was really confused there! :confused::confused::confused:

Olivia Miles is a heck of a talent and I wouldn't be surprised she's killing it academically. I'm also surprised ND fans didn't start a mini-riot at the idea even being suggested :D

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think Jacy Sheldon is going to have a huge year for OSU this season. With Greene back she can go back to her natural position as an off guard. Her numbers were impressive last season as the primary ball handler.

Last season she averaged about 20ppg (50% FG, 36% 3FG, 86%FT) with just under 5 assists a game and 1.9 steals a game.

*edited to add the season context for her averages

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom