Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Question for the forum:
If Ines idoes not receive an offer from another team, can she return to UCONN?
Does UCONN have to accept her back?
I just wonder if a player could lose her scholarship by testing the portal without success.

I don’t think she would come back. She will find a place to play somewhere.

Reaction Score
Any rumblings out of Knoxville? Do they all want to stay and try their luck with the new coach? Do they all even fit her style of play?
She apparently is very uptempo , defensive pressure coach. Not sure how many Tn players fit that.

Reaction Score
I think she can aim higher than that if she'd like.
Volker? Does her performance this past season justify something higher than VT? She's be returning to the ACC, the conference she transferred out of. And based on who is staying, she could be a good fit.

Reaction Score
I don't see it as a shocker. Deja wants to play in the WNBA, and her performance this season at UNC put her behind the curve. She is an inefficient shooter and does not run a team well. WNBA teams don't want that at her size (only about 5'8). Like Hailey Van Lith, she needs to work on becoming more efficient as a shooter.

She'd do well in the B1G, but she should only consider teams that will help her develop into a more efficient scorer. USC and UCLA won't help her (re UCLA, look at Osborne's and Jones' shooting percentages), as the guards at those schools either did not shoot well or she isn't going to supplant them (see Kiki Rice). She should consider Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, or Penn State if she's looking for a program that will help her raise her shooting percentages. Those are not the glamorous B1G teams, but they are the teams that shoot the ball the best. If her goal is to have a WNBA career, she'll need to be able to shoot it with high efficiency in college.

If she's feeling adventurous, she could explore Gonzaga.
Great points. Her play definitely took a dip this year. I believe that is why she is going to the portal. However if she wants to stay relevant none of those teams will help her stay relevant. All of those teams have lost a lot of talent. Teams I mentioned all need an experienced 2 guard who could maybe slide over to the PG for a few minutes to help release pressure. She needs a lesser roll that could elevate her Pro chances.

Reaction Score
I just had a funny thought popped in my head, with a somewhat weird question. So I’ll ask the BY sleuths: Does anyone think Baby Muhl is about to make an appearance in a UConn uniform?
Interesting idea... but my guess is a solid NO. I think Hannah is
at the proper level school where she is ... BALL STATE.... GO Hannah! ( I think I
spelt her name wrong... sorry )

Reaction Score
Volker? Does her performance this past season justify something higher than VT? She's be returning to the ACC, the conference she transferred out of. And based on who is staying, she could be a good fit.
Olsen

Reaction Score
Interesting idea... but my guess is a solid NO. I think Hannah is
at the proper level school where she is ... BALL STATE.... GO Hannah! ( I think I
spelt her name wrong... sorry )
I see what you’re saying, but I also thought she’d entered into the Portal. At least I’m sure I read it somewhere, maybe here on the ‘Yard. Anyway, I understand your point.

Reaction Score
I didn't get the picture on the left. I saw the Olsen twins but got stuck on their first names or was trying to think of twins.

Olsen in the portal is kind of a big deal. She was a legit second option on the Villanova team that went to the sweet 16 and she put up numbers this year as their primary option. She did really struggle against UConn this year but still. She'd be a real good get for the right team.

Im big on the portal but on the flip side and I know this is a coaches biggest fear, it has to be rough to give the keys to a player and build around them and then they leave. The opportunity u gave them really could've gone to someone else.
My guess is that LUCY OLSEN stays with Villanova... But I have been wrong MANY TIMES. The only
reason that I see her leaving is to play with a team with other players of her caliber. Lucy was
the sole offense threat with Villanova ( Dalce was the rebounding etc star ). So.. if LUCY is
not double or tripled teamed she may perform even BETTER that this year and that would
enhance her WBB resume. Virginia Tech... sounds possible because Megan Duffy knows
Lucy Olsen skill set from multiple Marquette vs Villanova encounters. Something to follow here!

Reaction Score

The first to enter the portal since Cullop has been named the new coach. Think this is also her COVID year. Will be interesting to see if the rest of the Canadians follow suit.

Reaction Score
Any chance UConn will look to bring in help from the transfer portal with 2 scholarships now open?

Will surely look. But not with a sense of have to get someone.

In October, 4 players might still be recovering (I assume Jana at least will be ready, others unclear), leaving a roster of 9.

I would think the top considerations are an interior banger and the Princeton kid. Tho of course we don’t know who else might be available.

Next years roster will have 9 frosh/soph (in terms of eligibility), and up to 3 juniors (Paige Azzi CD have only used 2 years of eligibility), so a grad transfer might be nice.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Timea Gardiner in the portal. I'm crushed. The team that lands Timea Gardiner is getting a future AA.
I feel genuinely, genuinely sorry for OSU. That totally sucks. Now to put it in transfer portal announcement lingo, "that being said," we recruited her hard out of HS and we were among her top finalists, so I'd be so very pleased to see her at the high post dishing inside to Kiki Iriafen next season...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel genuinely, genuinely sorry for OSU. That totally sucks. Now to put it in transfer portal announcement lingo, "that being said," we recruited her hard out of HS and we were among her top finalists, so I'd be so very pleased to see her at the high post dishing inside to Kiki Iriafen next season...

I have a soft spot for most land grants, and I met some really nice OSU fans when they played at Duke a few years ago. Rooted for them as the spunky underdog type school. Hate it for OSU and WSU, in all athletic programs, but especially football and the basketball squads.

Gardiner caught my attention earlier in the season, and she has to be at or near the top right now of available players in the Portal. Wonder if she returns to her home state of Utah, stays out west, or hopefully considers a school that offers easy access to quality pork bbq, low cigarette prices, and friendly fans.

Reaction Score
Biggest names in portal at the moment IMO:
Saylor Poffenbarger, Arkansas
Taliah Scott, Arkansas
Emma Ronsiek, Creighton
Jalynn Bristow, Iowa State
Ajae Petty, Kentucky
Kateri Poole, LSU
Faith Masonius, Maryland
Cameron Williams, Michigan
Rikki Harris, Ohio State
Grace Van Slooten, Oregon