Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
That's kind of where my thoughts have been with this. Diew is a senior, looking to use her COVID year. Dawkins has been surpassed by the freshmen class. Bristow, a tad surprising considering she got decent playing time, or at least I think she did. Zingaro stepped away from the team before the season started so who knows what happened there.

When you look at who transferred out last season, the team didn't drop off as badly as what some may have thought. They have a good class coming in too if my memory is correct.
Diew and Bristow are both 6'2" and seem to have been inhabiting the same space for minutes. While Diew played some 700 minutes, Bristow was at 500 minutes and had solid numbers for that amount played. With Diew leaving, one would've thought she'd move to take over those minutes. My only thought is she ultimately saw 6'2" Addy Brown as the preferred forward of choice on this team.

Bristow will get looks...athletic 6'2" forwards with decent handles are tough to come by. Wonder if she'll look at Texas, Midwest or open up the scope.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Diew and Bristow are both 6'2" and seem to have been inhabiting the same space for minutes. While Diew played some 700 minutes, Bristow was at 500 minutes and had solid numbers for that amount played. With Diew leaving, one would've thought she'd move to take over those minutes. My only thought is she ultimately saw 6'2" Addy Brown as the preferred forward of choice on this team.

Bristow will get looks...athletic 6'2" forwards with decent handles are tough to come by. Wonder if she'll look at Texas, Midwest or open up the scope.

Saw on the ISU message boards that homesickness could be attributed to Bristow's decision to transfer. She's from Wichita Falls, TX which is not in a metro area like Dallas or Houston, but I'm still sure Ames, IA was different than her hometown. If it really is homesickness, would make sense for her to transfer to a school in Texas or Oklahoma. Texas is pretty much loaded at both forward spots, so don't think we'll be a player for her. I liked her ability to shoot from long range in high school; perhaps if Texas faces some unexpected attrition at her position there could be some interest.

Reaction Score
Saw on the ISU message boards that homesickness could be attributed to Bristow's decision to transfer. She's from Wichita Falls, TX which is not in a metro area like Dallas or Houston, but I'm still sure Ames, IA was different than her hometown. If it really is homesickness, would make sense for her to transfer to a school in Texas or Oklahoma. Texas is pretty much loaded at both forward spots, so don't think we'll be a player for her. I liked her ability to shoot from long range in high school; perhaps if Texas faces some unexpected attrition at her position there could be some interest.

She had issues with defense and showed flashes on offense that matched her recruit rating ( like versus Stanford). Norman is only a few hours away from her hometown and Sooners did offer her out of HS so won't be surprised to see her with Coach Jennie. TCU is even closer but Sooners would be a way better destination for hoops. Downside to Sooners is she might not like the rough and tumble SEC style ball the Sooners will have to play against.

Reaction Score
Dee Dee Hagemann - Michigan State

This one might be the first major surprise of the year for me. Seemed like she had a strong year in Coach Fralick’s system. She’s from Michigan so I wonder if she’ll stay in the Big Ten. I bet Iowa and Indiana give her a call.

Reaction Score
She had issues with defense and showed flashes on offense that matched her recruit rating ( like versus Stanford). Norman is only a few hours away from her hometown and Sooners did offer her out of HS so won't be surprised to see her with Coach Jennie. TCU is even closer but Sooners would be a way better destination for hoops. Downside to Sooners is she might not like the rough and tumble SEC style ball the Sooners will have to play against.
I think TCU will be an up and comer under Mark Campbell. He has endorsements from a lot of former players like the Oregon Big three number ones. He has succeeded in all his coaching roles

Reaction Score
This one might be the first major surprise of the year for me. Seemed like she had a strong year in Coach Fralick’s system. She’s from Michigan so I wonder if she’ll stay in the Big Ten. I bet Iowa and Indiana give her a call.
Not sure if the style of those teams suit Hagemann. Will be interesting to see where she ends up.

Reaction Score
I would assume that she's trying to audition for the W and may want to play against competition that may prepare her better for that journey. SEC--Mississippi State, TAMU, or Tennessee. Maybe Kentucky if Amoore doesn't go there.

Reaction Score
I would assume that she's trying to audition for the W and may want to play against competition that may prepare her better for that journey. SEC--Mississippi State, TAMU, or Tennessee. Maybe Kentucky if Amoore doesn't go there.
Does her game translate with Brooks' style though? It's been a while since he's had the likes of a Taj Cole playing the guard position.

Also, if Ekh follows Brooks, how does that work? Their chemistry seemed off during their sophomore season at Mich State.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Have to figure this particular transfer has to do with Jaloni Cambridge enrolling at OSU. Only so many minutes and one ball...

(courtesy of Raoul)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
@nwhoopfan, can you provide any information on Ari Long entering the portal? Pretty well rated point guard out of California. Played in 17 games. Injured? Or not played? In any case, other finalists were S. Cal and Colorado. The former has Kayleigh Heckel coming in as a frosh, so not sure that's a prudent move. Colorado?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
@nwhoopfan, can you provide any information on Ari Long entering the portal? Pretty well rated point guard out of California. Played in 17 games. Injured? Or not played? In any case, other finalists were S. Cal and Colorado. The former has Kayleigh Heckel coming in as a frosh, so not sure that's a prudent move. Colorado?

Got just about completely taken out of the rotation during conference play. My best guess is that coach wasn't satisfied with her defense. She showed flashes of scoring ability when she did get on the floor. There was not an injury that I'm aware of. UW fans are sad to see her leaving.

Matthew1589

Iowa Hawkeye Grad and Fan
Reaction Score
Iowa did offer DeeDee out of high school, not sure she had much interest she had at that point in time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I have a hard time w/ players being at 3 different schools. 4, forget about it. You should be done at that point. There's the old breakup cliche "It's not you, it's me." Well if you are on your fourth school, it's definitely you. Malcontent who won't be happy anywhere. So we've got Syracuse-South Florida-Oregon-TBD.

Reaction Score
Highly regarded Syracuse recruit out of high school (McD AA etc) Williams is heading for her fourth school. A reputed 6’2” shooter at guard Williams never found her groove at Oregon. 17% from 3 and 20% FG. Ouch. Best of luck to Priscilla and hope she finds a home where she can bloom.
While, I'm usually one who doesn't like seeing multiple transfers, I feel this one is mixed bag of bad luck and bad fits. The Syracuse situation was totally out of her control. She gave the program a chance at least, compared to the others who were supposed to come in as well.

Her choices afterwards, I can understand why others don't have much empathy. At the same time I have to wonder, if the story of Hillsman never got out, would things have been different. That situation affected so many players and the results have been mixed.

Engstler had a great year at Louisville, getting an opportunity to be in a Final Four. Cardoso has also had a successful career when she moved to South Carolina.

Contrast that with Lattimore who had some playing time at Texas and then transferred to Miami. While she's been part of teams that went to the Elite 8, one was with minimal playing time, the second she was out due to injury. Day-Wilson has a somewhat successful two years at Duke before joining Miami. Had a decent season this year, but not the ending she hoped. Now they both are looking at working with their third respective coach in their senior season.

That incoming freshman class, along with Cardoso and her class is a great example of "What if"? Mind you, would Hillsman have gotten the best out of them? No clue, but potential was there.

Reaction Score
Highly regarded Syracuse recruit out of high school (McD AA etc) Williams is heading for her fourth school. A reputed 6’2” shooter at guard Williams never found her groove at Oregon. 17% from 3 and 20% FG. Ouch. Best of luck to Priscilla and hope she finds a home where she can bloom.
Maybe the Orange can snatch her back up. VERY different coach and program in place now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom