Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Reaction Score
Def a good question. But all the Ivy league players that are in the portal are still able to play.
I understand that about the Ivy League players, but those kids are (mainly) seniors. Also, the Ivies don’t offer a fifth year for their kids, and I don’t know if they accept Grad Transfers. But I’ve always wondered if the underclass men/women who announce a Portal entry while their schools are still playing in the NCAAT, are allowed to participate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't their situation different however? Those in the portal are leveraging their COVID years and can't stay in their conference.

I would think it's different but who knows. This is the NCAA

Reaction Score
I would think the issue isn’t the ncaa — it’s their current teams. The Ivy kids and coaches know they can’t stay another year so there’s no hard feelings.
But anybody else is saying they want out. Unless there’s an unusual circumstance, I can’t see wanting that player around for post-season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman: Three Arizona State players have just entered the transfer portal
Jaddan Simmons (9.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.4 apg)
Sandra Magolico (1.2 ppg)
Treasure Hunt (6.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg)

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Any announcement about Jayda Noble from Washington? That's the rumor that was going around last night. She was not with the team during the game.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman: Three Arizona State players have just entered the transfer portal
Jaddan Simmons (9.5 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 3.4 apg)
Sandra Magolico (1.2 ppg)
Treasure Hunt (6.9 ppg, 3.5 rpg)
Ouch. Rebuild just got that much harder. Hard to see how Adair can succeed at ASU at this rate.

Reaction Score
Isn't their situation different however? Those in the portal are leveraging their COVID years and can't stay in their conference.
This is true. Only if a player redshirt, they could transfer to another school if they graduated. I believe if a player graduated in three years, they also could leave. I think Katie Benzan did that when she went from Harvard to originally Texas then to Maryland because of the coaching change at Texas.

Reaction Score
I wonder if NIL is playing a role with all these leading scorers transfering from their teams. 43 schools is an awfully high number.
I would think for some of these top players it's just about testing the water. I bet most can be pretty comfortable they have a roster spot, if the portal doesn't offer the right opportunity.

Reaction Score
It's the Ivy League more than the NCAA here. They stated they wouldn't provide players who have a COVID year the option. Quite a few of these players would likely have stayed with their current school if they could.
Which is nuts because their ridiculous decision to cancel an entire season is pretty much why the NCAA gave ‘21 an extra year in the first place.

Reaction Score

Being the top scorer on CCSU isn’t exactly the same as being the highest scorer on say, a top 25 team. There might be 40+ top scorers overall wanting to change schools, but they’re not all equal. I’m definitely looking at bit harder into why the top scorers of bigger programs want to leave.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom