Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
having a healthy Jana, Ice and Ayanna is not quite "shambolic" but an experienced big would certainly be an important addition........would Weimar be the optimum choice if Strong goes elsewhere? Time will tell........

Ayanna is coming off consecutive knee surgeries. Is it assured she's even going to play, and what would she look like if she did? Jana has never played college ball and is coming off an Achilles tear. Same questions surrounding her. Ice has not done much of anything this season. Then there's Griffin who will miss the first half of the season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Ayanna is coming off consecutive knee surgeries. Is it assured she's even going to play, and what would she look like if she did? Jana has never played college ball and is coming off an Achilles tear. Same questions surrounding her. Ice has not done much of anything this season. Then there's Griffin who will miss the first half of the season.
“Ice has not done much of anything this season?” You must have missed the Conference Tournament when she was named to the all-tournament team….

Reaction Score
I said if healthy.............I assume Jana will be fine and Ice has finally flashed her potential over the past month........as to Ayanna I have no reason to believe she'll be unable to perform by next season but who knows........I'm very much in favor of recruiting another big forward or post through the portal if Strong goes elsewhere...........I just want it to be the best player UConn can find whether it be Wiemar or somebody else.......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I said if healthy.............I assume Jana will be fine and Ice has finally flashed her potential over the past month........as to Ayanna I have no reason to believe she'll be unable to perform by next season but who knows........I'm very much in favor of recruiting another big forward or post through the portal if Strong goes elsewhere...........I just want it to be the best player UConn can find whether it be Wiemar or somebody else.......

Well, three of their forwards have been anything but healthy, and two of them have little to no success at the college level yet. I'm glad you're encouraged by Ice recently. I need to see much more, however.

We're trying to build a national champion in what is likely to be both Azzi and Paige's last season, and perhaps Geno's. Lots of work to be done in the front court.

Reaction Score
Well, three of their forwards have been anything but healthy, and two of them have little to no success at the college level yet. I'm glad you're encouraged by Ice recently. I need to see much more, however.

We're trying to build a national champion in what is likely to be both Azzi and Paige's last season, and perhaps Geno's. Lots of work to be done in the front court.
they really have few options based on the currently available scholarships.........seems like it's Ms. Strong or another frontcourt player and that's it........I'm not touching the transfer issue......

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
they really have few options based on the currently available scholarships.........seems like it's Ms. Strong or another frontcourt player and that's it........

Possibly. Or maybe not. Appears to be a bit of mystery at the moment. My guess is we'll know right after their season ends.

Reaction Score
I detest the portal opens before the tournament begins and hope that is corrected someday. I get programs are making changes and if the coaching staff leaves or is fired, that could be an exception but the wild west of players moving is crazy given there is much basketball to be played.

No tournament should exist outside of the primary one and when that has concluded then it's fine to start the madness.

Reaction Score

I am in this camp. Only one big (and not really a big at that) is a proven high level player and that is Aubrey, who will not be available for much of the season. Ice, Ayanna, and Amari have not played to their recruiting ranking or a Uconn standard for a good big on a contender. There is hope, potential, and all have been adversely affected by injuries, but the body of work by Ice this year and Ayanna last year does not give confidence we can pencil them into the lineup and say problem solved.

They would both need to be significantly better than they have shown thus far to be content with what we have now. Sure it could happen, but they are as much question marks as known solutions at this point. I have Jana ahead of both at the moment even though she hasn't played a minute and is a question mark herself. My expectations for the other two have been lowered somewhat.

If Aaliyah is gone as expected that is a huge loss. We have many answers on the perimeter to make up for Nika's departure, but not upfront. Nobody can be expected to perform at Aaliyah's level as a senior next year, including probably Sarah at least as freshmen. We need to make up for that by being much better with the other big starter and a couple of really good players off the bench. That "could" happen with what we have, if every question mark is answered very affirmatively, but the odds are much better if we add a top flight big addition, and if not Sarah, a portal big is a very very high priority IMO.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I detest the portal opens before the tournament begins and hope that is corrected someday. I get programs are making changes and if the coaching staff leaves or is fired, that could be an exception but the wild west of players moving is crazy given there is much basketball to be played.

No tournament should exist outside of the primary one and when that has concluded then it's fine to start the madness.
Cannibalization is not a suggested growth option for the sport. ;)

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Raoul chimes in on the OSU transfer (out) situation. Some thoughts;
  • Jacie Hoyt had a winning record with, largely, the team she inherited. The team that had multiple transfers sunk to under .500. Bad chemistry? Players didn't like Stillwater? Jacie Hoyt? Some combo thereof?
  • Hoyt has two U.S. guards and a Spanish forward coming in next year. She'll probably have to get some height in the portal, so it will be interesting to see who comes to Stillwater this year.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Talia Goodman :
- Indiana State’s leading scorer Mya Glanton has entered the transfer portal, averaged 11.2 ppg, 6.9 rpg.

That’s 41 schools whose leading scorers are in the transfer portal.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Raoul:
- Mia Galbraith (5-9 FR guard, Sunshine Coast, Australia) has entered the portal, out of Oklahoma State WBB
  • Jillian Huerter (6-0 FR guard, Clifton Park, NY) has entered the portal, the third Rutgers WBB player to do so
  • Marina Radocaj (6-2 FR wing/forward, Richmond, BC) has entered the portal, out of Arizona State WBB

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Per Raoul:
- Mia Galbraith (5-9 FR guard, Sunshine Coast, Australia) has entered the portal, out of Oklahoma State WBB
  • Jillian Huerter (6-0 FR guard, Clifton Park, NY) has entered the portal, the third Rutgers WBB player to do so
  • Marina Radocaj (6-2 FR wing/forward, Richmond, BC) has entered the portal, out of Arizona State WBB
Jilliam Huerter entering the portal at Rutgers should merit an orange light. While Kaylene Smikle, the team's leading scorer, was suspended halfway through the season, Huerter improved as the season went on and was the team's primary three-pt. threat. Plus, she was only a freshman and could be someone Coach Washington could use as a base, because she was one of Washington's recruits. Hopefully, Rutgers -- the school -- was not Huerter's cup of tea; otherwise, pay attention.

Reaction Score
Per Raoul:
Radocaj had some time with Canada Basketball's targeted development program, playing with the likes of Fournier and Prosper at the U16/U17 level. Seemed like her progression stalled from there. Will be interesting to see where she lands as I didn't think Arizona State was the right fit for her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Don’t they have a game to play Saturday? Terrible look.
Not defending it, but the poster makes it sound like she's a more important player than she is. She's barely played this season (96 total minutes, 29 points scored this year)

Reaction Score
Not defending it, but the poster makes it sound like she's a more important player than she is. She's barely played this season (96 total minutes, 29 points scored this year)
If you look at their Twitter feed, they're promoting her hard. Suspect they were either a coach of hers in the past or have some recruiting/coaching business and she's a client. It's part of the business sadly.

Reaction Score
I wonder who is monitoring all this for UConn while the coaches focus on the tournament.

So many guards in the portal. UConn needs another Dolson or Wolters :)

Reaction Score
Don’t they have a game to play Saturday? Terrible look.
Does this mean she is off the team and can no longer play for them? Or can she still play in Saturday’s/future games this season?

Reaction Score
Does this mean she is off the team and can no longer play for them? Or can she still play in Saturday’s/future games this season?

Def a good question. But all the Ivy league players that are in the portal are still able to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom