Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024 | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Players Entering Transfer Portal, As of March 2024

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A poster on McGraw's Bench flew into South Bend on a plane that also had Pitt forward and transfer porter entrant, Liatu King, the 6' forward from Pitt who averaged a double-double for Pitt last year. She was picked up by Assc. Head Coach Carol Owens.

It's been reported that post Caitlyn Weimar (Boston U.) and forward Liza Karlen (Marquette) have also visited ND. However, the only transfer portal entrant that has confirmed at ND is KK Bransford, who played for the Irish and -- after entering the portal -- decided to stay put.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
A poster on McGraw's Bench flew into South Bend on a plane that also had Pitt forward and transfer porter entrant, Liatu King, the 6' forward from Pitt who averaged a double-double for Pitt last year. She was picked up by Assc. Head Coach Carol Owens.

It's been reported that post Caitlyn Weimar (Boston U.) and forward Liza Karlen (Marquette) have also visited ND. However, the only transfer portal entrant that has confirmed at ND is KK Bransford, who played for the Irish and -- after entering the portal -- decided to stay put.

Stay tuned.

Just found out ND also hosted another 6' guard/forward on Monday, but a different kind of player than King.

(courtesy of ND Hoops Recruits)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Question for anyone...does UConn report, officially or unofficially, on portal entrants that visit Storrs? I am curious about Kaitlyn Chen, who allegedly has been highly recommended :))) for UConn, but there's been no news that I have seen about her transfer status (or maybe I just missed it).
There seems to be quite a few players making the rounds to other teams that are reported here in either of the transfer related threads, but no such reports about Storrs.
Or are such reports not allowed here?

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Question for anyone...does UConn report, officially or unofficially, on portal entrants that visit Storrs? I am curious about Kaitlyn Chen, who allegedly has been highly recommended :))) for UConn, but there's been no news that I have seen about her transfer status (or maybe I just missed it).
There seems to be quite a few players making the rounds to other teams that are reported here in either of the transfer related threads, but no such reports about Storrs.
IMHO, UConn usually keeps a low profile on visits. There have been numerous HS players on unofficial visits that we don't find out about until afterwards. Seems similar to portal visits. If memory serves, there was late chatter on Evina and Dorka, but nothing official posted until the players did so. No flash, no pictures in new unis, etc.

Reaction Score
IMHO, UConn usually keeps a low profile on visits. There have been numerous HS players on unofficial visits that we don't find out about until afterwards. Seems similar to portal visits. If memory serves, there was late chatter on Evina and Dorka, but nothing official posted until the players did so. No flash, no pictures in new unis, etc.

This was posted yesterday. Talia seems to be a fairly reliable source based on what I've seen so far.

Reaction Score
UConn never reports visits from transfers as far as I know..........usually it takes a sharp student or fan to notice that a particular player is visiting as in the case of Kaitlyn Chen........hoping big time that a certain Ms. Beers finds her way to Storrs to see the chickens and cows.......

Reaction Score

Confirmed by two sources. This seems really unexpected to me. Thought she had a decent season but I didn't watch alot of Big 12.

I get it kinda. She started the season last year and they got off to a great start. But once Aliyah Moore came back along with Deyona Gaston she saw limited minutes. Gaston did leave and Faye left as well so she definitely had a role. Taylor Jones also has been plagued by injuries and can be a bit foul prone. But I think she is super versatile and good enough to be a starter. I definitely thought her and Ndjakalenga should get more minutes.

Reaction Score

Confirmed by two sources. This seems really unexpected to me. Thought she had a decent season but I didn't watch alot of Big 12.

This is very bad news to me! And shocking. Amina has been a valuable player. With Gaston, Faye and Muhammad gone (Gaston is going to Auburn) Texas suddenly is short on players at the 4/5 spots. And why now?

Reaction Score
After being as loaded at the 4 and 5 spots as anyone in the country, Texas is now looking pretty thin there. I think both of their top incoming recruits are forwards but I still think they need to hit the portal. Moore and Jones both have histories of injury and you never know how freshman are going to acclimate.

Reaction Score
Okay - so my gut feeling wasn't off on this announcement. Appreciate the feedback. Think this also should temper the expectations out of Texas even with the addition of Phelia. That is until we see if they can recruit some good bigs out of the portal.

Reaction Score
There has been some Texas smoke w/ Phelia's teammate Cameron Williams
Compared to Muhammad, Williams isn't as athletic from what I've seen. She bounced in and out of the starting rotation sometimes getting minimal time on the court. Not to mention, she only has her COVID year of eligibility where Muhammad would have had two.

Reaction Score
Compared to Muhammad, Williams isn't as athletic from what I've seen. She bounced in and out of the starting rotation sometimes getting minimal time on the court. Not to mention, she only has her COVID year of eligibility where Muhammad would have had two.
I agree. But now the longhorns have no one established in the front court behind Moore and Jones. They need to add a stopgap big

Reaction Score
I agree. But now the longhorns have no one established in the front court behind Moore and Jones. They need to add a stopgap big
Gut feeling is that Williams may not be it, especially when compared against who Texas will play in the SEC.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

This was posted yesterday. Talia seems to be a fairly reliable source based on what I've seen so far.

I don't use my X account at all, so the timing of my question about a Kaitlyn visit is purely coincidental.
The last time I logged into X it was still known as Twitter and Elon didn't own it.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Maybe Texas is recruiting one of the Oregon State BIGs: Gardiner or Beers?

It was noticed on Instagram pretty quickly after Beers went into the portal that 2-3 Texas assistant coaches started following Raegan Beers. And, Beers followed Rori Harmon on IG, and vice versa. But, the only substantial thing recently is that Beers visited Oklahoma this past weekend.

On the Tennessee board, a couple of posters have been stating for a couple of weeks now that Janiah Barker is headed to Texas. But, I've seen nothing else anywhere to know where those thoughts are coming from.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom