Players Declaring for WNBA Draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Players Declaring for WNBA Draft

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not exactly draft but Lynx sign former Oregon State guard Mikayla Pivec. She was a third-round pick by Atlanta last year but opted out of the 2020 WNBA season.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Not exactly draft but Lynx sign former Oregon State guard Mikayla Pivec. She was a third-round pick by Atlanta last year but opted out of the 2020 WNBA season.
That was probably a good call. Assuming she's still in good playing shape, this year's draft will be much, much weaker than last year's. I'm not sure that alters her ability to make a final cut roster, but it at least gives her a better chance to get attention.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Worst class since 2017, might end up being worse than that one.
Agree. I just don't see many of these players getting on rosters, let alone keeping a spot. I think Natasha Mack has the size and strength to be a good pick.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I hope she makes the Lynx. I root for the Lynx, and Pivec is probably my favorite player from the PAC. She’s a real blue-collar team player, and I think she’d fit well in the Lynx system.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

Share this:​

Reaction Score
I can’t see kushkituah making a team. She def needed the extra year

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought that Tyra Whitehead named seemed familiar. She played at Wake Forest for 2 years.. then I think she might have gotten into trouble then she transferred. She had a pretty good career at SJSU

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I can’t see kushkituah making a team. She def needed the extra year
I dont think that would help much...I dont see her ever being a strong pro prospect to be honest. Probably is ready to move on to life after college.

Reaction Score
I dont think that would help much...I dont see her ever being a strong pro prospect to be honest. Probably is ready to move on to life after college.
Some of these players are leaving because it's just their time to move on and they aren't going to use the extra year for whatever reason.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kai Crutchfield, Kayla Jones not among players to opt into 2021 WNBA Draft

Because seniors are allowed to return for another year, the WNBA required players to declare their draft intentions one way or the other, with players who opt-in renouncing their remaining eligibility.

The deadline for players not still participating in the NCAA tournament to make a decision was April 1, and while many prominent players did submit their names—including Louisville star Dana Evans—NC State seniors Kai Crutchfield and Kayla Jones were not among them.

This doesn’t necessarily mean that both players plan to return to NC State for another season, as they could always pursue professional opportunities overseas—and neither one appears likely to be selected in the draft, which is set for April 15.

Reaction Score
Do players, that are eligible, still have 48 hours after the Final Four to declare for the WNBA Draft?

Reaction Score
Do players, that are eligible, still have 48 hours after the Final Four to declare for the WNBA Draft?

After their final game. So Stanford and AZ have till tomorrow

Reaction Score
what about non-US?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
what about non-US?
Idk the leagues over there, but it usually seems like if a US player wants to play overseas they're able to find opportunities. She's a big 6-3 post so my guess is she'd find a team without a lot of difficulty if she wants to continue playing.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Jenna Staiti and Que Morrison have withdrawn from the WNBA draft and announced they will be back for one more season at Georgia.

Georgia's Jenna Staiti and Que Morrison, Rice's Nancy Mulkey, Ohio's Cece Hooks opt out of WNBA draft​

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom