Players Arriving/Returning to Campus Today! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Players Arriving/Returning to Campus Today!

Reaction Score
The mention of Casimir Pulaski takes me back to my younger days in Brooklyn. If you’ve done much driving in NYC you’ve probably cursed out Pulaski, or at least the bridge named after him, more than once while sitting in a traffic jam.

The Pulaski Bridge in New York City connects Long Island City in Queens to Greenpoint in Brooklyn over Newtown Creek. It was named after Polish military commander and American Revolutionary War fighter Kazimierz Pułaski (Casimir Pulaski) because of the large Polish-American population in Greenpoint.
We also had a Ballistic Missile submarine by the same name: USS CASIMIR PULASKI (SSBN 633). It was one of the 54 for Freedom SSBN's that are now all decommissioned. SSBN 633 was decommissioned under Clinton before the first NC for the UCONN women (decomm'd in March 1994).

Reaction Score
1596023060153.jpeg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The mention of Casimir Pulaski takes me back to my younger days in Brooklyn. If you’ve done much driving in NYC you’ve probably cursed out Pulaski, or at least the bridge named after him, more than once while sitting in a traffic jam.

The Pulaski Bridge in New York City connects Long Island City in Queens to Greenpoint in Brooklyn over Newtown Creek. It was named after Polish military commander and American Revolutionary War fighter Kazimierz Pułaski (Casimir Pulaski) because of the large Polish-American population in Greenpoint.
I used to take the Pulaski Skyway (Newark to Jersey City) back in the day on my way to/from the Holland Tunnel. In retrospect it is really a stunning amount of traffic that moves across that thing at speeds way too quick for the conditions, especially during rush hour. They are just finishing a rehab of it.

1596036777526.png

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated. It is with some amusement that this arrival of a 20-year-old girl looms as the biggest event in the lives of men in their 70s—after a successful morning bm, of course.
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated.
What about, "The Polish Hammer," Ivan Putski?

Reaction Score
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated. It is with some amusement that this arrival of a 20-year-old girl looms as the biggest event in the lives of men in their 70s—after a successful morning bm, of course.
Little known fact: Pulaski, Hamilton, and Washington played in a 3 on 3 game against 3 Hessians named Fritz, Fritz and Fritz...read Pulaski's autobiography for verification(page 242)...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I used to take the Pulaski Skyway (Newark to Jersey City) back in the day on my way to/from the Holland Tunnel. In retrospect it is really a stunning amount of traffic that moves across that thing at speeds way to quick for the conditions, especially during rush hour. They just finishing a rehab of it.

View attachment 57079
A much needed rehab I might add.

Reaction Score
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated.
What about, "The Polish Hammer," Ivan Putski?
Pulaski is credited with saving Washington’s life and thus insuring the survival of this country by slowing British troops closing in on Washington. He was later killed in action. He also had congenital adrenal hyperplasia which means that while he lived as a man he was actually female.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Pulaski is credited with saving Washington’s life and thus insuring the survival of this country by slowing British troops closing in on Washington. He was later killed in action. He also had congenital adrenal hyperplasia which means that while he lived as a man he was actually female.
Well look at the big brain on Okey, and the big balcony on Pulaski.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Impressive but Cas, as his close friends called him, never teamed up with Tito Santana to win the World Team Championship.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Despite all the uncertainty surrounding this season, I feel somehow reassured that all the young ladies who make up this year’s UConn WBB team are now on campus, under the watchful eyes of Geno, CD, Shea & Jamelle.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Despite all the uncertainty surrounding this season, I feel somehow reassured that all the young ladies who make up this year’s UConn WBB team are now on campus, under the watchful eyes of Geno, CD, Shea & Jamelle.

If Jamelle says, "This is your bubble, you don't leave it," I'm not leaving the bubble. These young women will be safe.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Jamelle says, "This is your bubble, you don't leave it," I'm not leaving the bubble. These young women will be safe.

The problem is what defines a bubble on a college campus? Even if a reasonably secure bubble environment could be implemented, I worry that if games are delayed (or worse eliminated the players wont be as focused on best practices??)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom