Players Arriving/Returning to Campus Today! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Players Arriving/Returning to Campus Today!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought it might be fun to start a thread to post updates as players arrive!

View attachment 56968

Safe travels, ladies!
Assuming that all of the players will be on campus this evening, does anyone know if they will be tested and or quarantined upon their arrival? Every school has a Covid-19 testing protocol in place. Does anyone know what UConn’s is?

Classes are scheduled to begin on August 31.
Until then, daily team meetings, workouts in the weight room, along with individual drills and pickup games in the gym?

Has the school made a “firm” decision to open next month for classroom instruction or is that still undecided?

If this information was posted, I missed it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Assuming that all of the players will be on campus this evening, does anyone know if they will be tested and or quarantined upon their arrival? Every school has a Covid-19 testing protocol in place. Does anyone know what UConn’s is?

Until then, daily team meetings, workouts in the weight room, along with individual drills and pickup games in the gym?

Has the school made a “firm” decision to open next month for classroom instruction or is that still undecided?

The state requires self-quarantine for 14 days. If a player is from one of the dozen exempt states or has proof of a negative test result no older than 72 hours before entering the state, then they won't have to.

Reaction Score
I can't speak for the school, but the state isn't doing anything! My daughter got the test 72 hours before coming up from Texas. They didn't ask her for proof of the test or to sign anything. She walked off her flight and down to baggage claim and out the door!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

This article is a month old, but I don’t remember seeing any updated protocols described elsewhere...

“Men’s basketball and football student-athletes must test negative for COVID-19 and then enter a small, “modified quarantine” group. Following a negative test, athletes then must pass a physical exam from UConn team physicians and trainers before beginning workouts. According to UConn, any athlete who tests positive for COVID-19 will enter into an isolation protocol in line with medical guidelines. All athletes will also be provided masks, hand sanitizer and more, and social distancing will be required.

On top of these initial procedures, UConn says athletes and staff will be screened daily before entering facilities. These facilities will also undergo deep-cleaning and sanitization, with high traffic areas like locker rooms and training rooms cleaned daily.”

Reaction Score
I can't speak for the school, but the state isn't doing anything! My daughter got the test 72 hours before coming up from Texas. They didn't ask her for proof of the test or to sign anything. She walked off her flight and down to baggage claim and out the door!
If you read executive order 7III you will see what enforcement entails. It has always been an honor system in Connecticut. There are of course hotlines set up to report violators, and they will spot check at the airports with fines up to $1000, but it's not possible to track everyone coming and going from the state.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think it's totally inconsiderate of UCONN to not let us know first!!! :rolleyes:
I heard that they actually did consider it, but ended up saying "nah' to the idea. My sources ,who operate off the record, told me that the consensus was that Boneyarders have nothing better to do these days and would be happy to stew over the snub! ;)

Reaction Score
I heard that they actually did consider it, but ended up saying "nah' to the idea. My sources ,who operate off the record, told me that the consensus was that Boneyarders have nothing better to do these days and would be happy to stew over the snub! ;)
Well, just wait and see if we give out anymore free advice to Geno. :mad:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Well, just wait and see if we give out anymore free advice to Geno. :mad:
The Boneyard's collective head would explode if prevented from "helping" Geno coach!

Reaction Score
Makurat has arrived safely.

20200728_123928.jpg

Reaction Score
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated. It is with some amusement that this arrival of a 20-year-old girl looms as the biggest event in the lives of men in their 70s—after a successful morning bm, of course.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated. It is with some amusement that this arrival of a 20-year-old girl looms as the biggest event in the lives of men in their 70s—after a successful morning bm, of course.
@Dokey , TMI my friend.

Reaction Score
So what part of your statement couldn't be true? A 20 yo girl would STILL be the biggest part of our lives! No amusement there - just wishful thinking maybe. Oh and by the way? May the "Force" be with you! :D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Makurat has arrived safely.

View attachment 57054
Where did this come from? I could not find it on Anna's own Instagram, so I'm curious. Also how do we know Aaliyah is on campus? I don't believe she has an IG or Twitter account. Not saying they aren't there, just asking how we know?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Where did this come from? I could not find it on Anna's own Instagram, so I'm curious. Also how do we know Aaliyah is on campus? I don't believe she has an IG or Twitter account. Not saying they aren't there, just asking how we know?

That photo is on Anna’s IG story, so it won’t show up in her regular feed.

And last night, also on IG, Evina said everyone but Nika is on campus. She did a short IG live that she didn’t save.

Reaction Score
So what part of your statement couldn't be true? A 20 yo girl would STILL be the biggest part of our lives! No amusement there - just wishful thinking maybe. Oh and by the way? May the "Force" be with you! :D
Lol. Oh, I was one of those men in their 70s. Not too mention having a nearly 20 year-old granddaughter is the biggest part of my life.

Reaction Score
Not since Casimir Pulaski showed up to train our cavalry in the Revolutionary War has the arrival of a Pole on our shores been more celebrated.
The mention of Casimir Pulaski takes me back to my younger days in Brooklyn. If you’ve done much driving in NYC you’ve probably cursed out Pulaski, or at least the bridge named after him, more than once while sitting in a traffic jam.

The Pulaski Bridge in New York City connects Long Island City in Queens to Greenpoint in Brooklyn over Newtown Creek. It was named after Polish military commander and American Revolutionary War fighter Kazimierz Pułaski (Casimir Pulaski) because of the large Polish-American population in Greenpoint.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
The mention of Casimir Pulaski takes me back to my younger days in Brooklyn. If you’ve done much driving in NYC you’ve probably cursed out Pulaski, or at least the bridge named after him, more than once while sitting in a traffic jam.

The Pulaski Bridge in New York City connects Long Island City in Queens to Greenpoint in Brooklyn over Newtown Creek. It was named after Polish military commander and American Revolutionary War fighter Kazimierz Pułaski (Casimir Pulaski) because of the large Polish-American population in Greenpoint.
There was a Pulaski Club in the West End area of Pittsburgh,Pa back in the day. Not sure if it is still there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom