Players are now Required to Participate in NBA Combine | The Boneyard

Players are now Required to Participate in NBA Combine

Reaction Score
What if they're injured at that time? They can't be drafted? That doesn't make sense.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Makes the timing of Ollie leaving OTE seem more obvious.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Makes the timing of Ollie leaving OTE seem more obvious.
Why so? I could be missing something but it seems the change about the draft can make those options more enticing for non elite level players.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Why so? I could be missing something but it seems the change about the draft can make those options more enticing for non elite level players.
I don't think the business model is based on non-elite players.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I don't think the business model is based on non-elite players.
I don’t know the ins and outs, but it seems like OTE is really for HS athletes while G League is the other choice to college. But sometimes guys stay in OTE all the way until the draft?

If that’s true I don’t see how guys being able to stay multiple years as adults affects them anymore than when they could’ve went to the G League for their one year before being eligible.

I’m not sure if I understand these rules all the way though.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What if they're injured at that time? They can't be drafted? That doesn't make sense.

No it doesn't which is why there are obviously exceptions. If it's a minor injury, they can do the tests later. If it's a major injury, presumably they would just need to participate in the non-physical evaluations.

Players will also be required to conduct team interviews, media circuits, player development sessions and other assessments, as determined by the NBA in consultation with the NBPA.

Players who are physically unable to participate, because of playing with a FIBA club still in-season, family tragedy, the birth of a child, or an injury, as determined by the medical director of the combine, will be required to complete components at a later date. Failure to do so will result in being ineligible to be selected on draft night.

Reaction Score
Not sure I follow all the ramifications of this. Say I'm Kareem and I want to pick my team, just don't go to combine and not get drafted. Does that mean a team can't sign me as an undrafted player after the draft is over and I have to wait to the next draft?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not sure I follow all the ramifications of this. Say I'm Kareem and I want to pick my team, just don't go to combine and not get drafted. Does that mean a team can't sign me as an undrafted player after the draft is over and I have to wait to the next draft?
Not sure. I wonder if someone did this would they get paid like an undrafted instead of 1st round money?

Also it seems like the teams got A LOT of changes that benefit them from this new CBA. What did the players get? The freedom to smoke weed and partner with gambling companies? Lol

Reaction Score
Not sure. I wonder if someone did this would they get paid like an undrafted instead of 1st round money?

Also it seems like the teams got A LOT of changes that benefit them from this new CBA. What did the players get? The freedom to smoke weed and partner with gambling companies? Lol

Not sure how I feel about the fact that some NBA players might start getting high now.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Not sure how I feel about the fact that some NBA players might start getting high now.
The horror.

SN: I remember hearing a story about how one former Husky roomed up with an eventual MVP during summer league and they pretty much got high and got with cornstars during that time in Vegas.

Sounds like a blast.

Reaction Score
If you're not eligible for the draft, you don't become free agent if not picked.

Reaction Score
I don’t know the ins and outs, but it seems like OTE is really for HS athletes while G League is the other choice to college. But sometimes guys stay in OTE all the way until the draft?

If that’s true I don’t see how guys being able to stay multiple years as adults affects them anymore than when they could’ve went to the G League for their one year before being eligible.

I’m not sure if I understand these rules all the way though.
NIL will kill OTE.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom