Players And Nba Close To A Deal? Nba Leaning Toward 2-year/20 Yrs-old Rule... | The Boneyard

Players And Nba Close To A Deal? Nba Leaning Toward 2-year/20 Yrs-old Rule...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That would decrease my anxiety about bringing in a top flight big man for 2012. I think we'd be ok in that department.

Reaction Score
That would decrease my anxiety about bringing in a top flight big man for 2012. I think we'd be ok in that department.

But they could "grandfather in" the 2011 class and allow them to be one and done.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
But they could "grandfather in" the 2011 class and allow them to be one and done.

They could, but they could choose not to and it wouldn't be any more unfair to Drummond et al. It's not like he had a choice and passed up going to the NBA and is now getting hurt because of it.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i want to see games, but i have no idea what side i'm rooting for or who the winners or losers are in the whole thing. i actually don't mind the 1 and done at all. i think it benefits schools like UCONN who typically don't get those kids. it would allow schools like Kentucky to get a boatload of top players and force them to stay for 2 years instead of 1. i think it benefits schools like that much more than UCONN...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
i want to see games, but i have no idea what side i'm rooting for or who the winners or losers are in the whole thing. i actually don't mind the 1 and done at all. i think it benefits schools like UCONN who typically don't get those kids. it would allow schools like Kentucky to get a boatload of top players and force them to stay for 2 years instead of 1. i think it benefits schools like that much more than UCONN...
For programs like UConn and Michigan State who haven't historically built F4 and championship teams with wave after wave of top 10 talent, you're absolutely right that forcing an additional year of college out of those kinds of players is not to their advantage. However, I think it'd be great for CBB as a whole to have guys like Durant or Carmelo (or D-Rose had he not been ruled ineligible, which he probably would have been) play an additional year...or even NBA busts like Michael Beasley, who have added very little to the NBA but were immensely entertaining college players. CBB used to be so much better as a competitive product, and I'd like to see it get back to that point.

Reaction Score
Beasley isnt a bust he averaged 19 ppg last year, if he applied himself more and wasnt an idiot he could be very good, but I get your drift. When/if the lockout ends ill be most happy for Kemba that he gets to finally live his dream.

Reaction Score
I actually do think this will end up being beneficial to UConn. Calhoun doesn't target top ten players as much as other schools, because he prefers taking kids like Lamb, Hamilton, Allen, Kemba, etc. and developing them over 2-3 years. If he can get top ten players and know they will be there for at least two years, I think you'll start to see more McDonald's All-Americans roll into the program. Kevin Ollie is a great recruiting tool to have, and if you've seen the results already with him helping to bring in Deandre, Boat, and Drummond.

Not that we'll bring in McDonald's AA at the same clip as UNC, UK, Dook, etc., but we'll definitely get our fair share.

Reaction Score
not so fast talks fell apart, a 50-50 split for the players isnt good enough they wont go lower then 52-48 in their favor according to Stephen A Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom