Player Numbers | The Boneyard

Player Numbers

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I saw a YT video of Caroline's HS Championship game and noticed that she wore #13. Last season she wore 33 and I am guessing that it was not because she was a Larry Bird or Lou fan but because Christyn was wearing "her" number. Now that 13 is available, can she choose to wear it? If yes, have other Huskie players changed their number too?
If I were to guess, I would guess that players in college don't change their jersey numbers.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I don't know about UConn specifically, but over all I think it is rare. It isn't unheard of, I'm pretty sure a Rutgers player went between 24 and 42 at some point (I don't remember who) and a couple other odd examples come to mind, sometimes to honor someone who passed or other special circumstances.

Reaction Score
I think the only numbers Uconn should worry about getting is rebounds as in leading WBB in rebounds both offensive and defensive..numbers on the back of a uniform mean nothing, it's the numbers on the scoreboard that matters especially when the clock hit zero and we've been on the wrong side of that number the past few years so let's focus on keeping the main thing the main thing..this is just in my humble opinion and my thoughts not a put down or diss of anyone. I just want the ladies to win again and keep the main thing the main thing not focus on other distractions like what's my uniform number

Reaction Score
I know lots of players at other schools who have changed numbers. At some point in their tenure, their favorite number becomes available - one they could not have as a freshman.

Reaction Score
I saw a YT video of Caroline's HS Championship game and noticed that she wore #13. Last season she wore 33 and I am guessing that it was not because she was a Larry Bird or Lou fan but because Christyn was wearing "her" number. Now that 13 is available, can she choose to wear it? If yes, have other Husky players changed their number too?
If I were to guess, I would guess that players in college don't change their jersey numbers.
Yeah. It is rare that college basketball players change their numbers the following season, but it does happen. No rule against it.

Reaction Score
does changing her number make her a better player? If not then whatever number she wears I'm sure she is fine with.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Didn't Pulido changed hers twice?

I'm curious as well if Ducahrme will go back to her old number #13. Brady and Patterson HS numbers are both available. Wondering if they will continue to wear them (Ice #25 and AP #34)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yes. Marci Czel was another who changed numbers.
I'm confused about Czel. UConn media guides show her wearing #35 all four years, but I've never been able to find any pictorial evidence of it. I always remembered her wearing # 13.

Reaction Score
Two who changed numbers are Swin Cash and Heather Buck. I am sure there are other UConn players as well.
You are most definitely correct. Swin wore #23 her first year, then after Courtney Gaine left, she took her #32. Heather Buck wore #21 her first two years, then after Kalana Greene left, she took her #32.

Reaction Score
Per uconn media guide, she wore number 13 from 1998 through 2001. She only wore number 35 in the 97-98 season
Ah, they've revised that. Earlier editions showed her wearing 35 all four years

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m wrong but I think Lauren Park-Lane from Seton Hall changed from # 2 to # 3

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Caroline had alot of good mojo with her current number

Reaction Score
I think the only numbers Uconn should worry about getting is rebounds as in leading WBB in rebounds both offensive and defensive..numbers on the back of a uniform mean nothing, it's the numbers on the scoreboard that matters especially when the clock hit zero and we've been on the wrong side of that number the past few years so let's focus on keeping the main thing the main thing..this is just in my humble opinion and my thoughts not a put down or diss of anyone. I just want the ladies to win again and keep the main thing the main thing not focus on other distractions like what's my uniform number

Reaction Score

This is beyond silly. Choosing a uniform number is not going to be a distraction for any player.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I predict Caroline will be number 13 next year.

I went to Catholic school and played CYO basketball in Hartford. Our school was not wealthy and we did not have basketball uniforms. We just wore our gym suits.

I was number 112.

Love it, triple digits.

In eighth grade I got a technical foul for pointing out to the ref that I was fouled. Technical foul on number 112. My parents were very embarrassed. I`m still mad about the no call.

Reaction Score
Would you change your number to stick a 13 on your back? I wouldn't.
Wore 13 second year of Jr. High Football because I loved Don Maynard of NY Jets (their Super Bowl year). Injured most of season...until I switched back to 25 which I wore my previous year.

Caroline, please stay away from 13.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Wore 13 second year of Jr. High Football because I loved Don Maynard of NY Jets (their Super Bowl year). Injured most of season...until I switched back to 25 which I wore my previous year.

So you are saying you tried a second number, it didn't work out too well for you, so you went back to your originally number. And the purpose of this thread was to point out that Caroline did not wear her "original" number in her freshman year but that number is now available to her. The actual number is irrelevant.

Reaction Score

13 was pretty good for my daughter. Only player, men or women to have 1000 points and 1000 rebounds. Also holds the rebounding record for both men and women!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom