Player Numbers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Player Numbers

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
13 was pretty good for my daughter. Only player, men or women to have 1000 points and 1000 rebounds. Also holds the rebounding record for both men and women!
Disagree. I have 1000 points and 1000 rebounds. I'm a man or woman.

Reaction Score
So you are saying you tried a second number, it didn't work out too well for you, so you went back to your originally number. And the purpose of this thread was to point out that Caroline did not wear her "original" number in her freshman year but that number is now available to her. The actual number is irrelevant.
I'm sorry... I thought this was an open forum for BY Members, most of them UCONN WBB fans, to share thoughts, ideas, etc. So, I told a "story" about my youth, where my wearing #13, because it was the number of one of my favorite players, turned out to be "bad luck" for me. And, in your reply you say the "actual number is irrelevant", yet your original comments specifically talk about the potential for Caroline changing from #33 to #13 now that CW has graduated. These are two very "relevant" numbers.

So, to clarify my response to the OP... Caroline had a pretty successful season for a Freshman at UCONN....while wearing #33. She led the team in scoring for something like 8 games in a row and was a pretty big contributor until she got her "bell rung" in 3 or so straight games.

#13 has had a "bad rap" for most of my life as an "unlucky" number.... and that was the point of telling about my personal experience wearing that number...even though several athletes were very successful with it, including Don Maynard (as I referenced), one of my favorite Quarterbacks, Dan Marino, Wilt Chamberlin, Alex Rodriguez (as a NY Yankee), Steve Nash and others.

So, IN MY OPINION... Caroline had a lot of success this past season wearing #33, and considering the history of others wearing #33 at UCONN, I would advise her to continue wearing that number.

BUT...the choice is hers... not mine, nor anyone else here on the BY. We'll see in the fall what she chooses.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I'm sorry... I thought this was an open forum for BY Members, most of them UCONN WBB fans, to share thoughts, ideas, etc. So, I told a "story" about my youth, where my wearing #13, because it was the number of one of my favorite players, turned out to be "bad luck" for me. And, in your reply you say the "actual number is irrelevant", yet your original comments specifically talk about the potential for Caroline changing from #33 to #13 now that CW has graduated. These are two very "relevant" numbers.

So, to clarify my response to the OP... Caroline had a pretty successful season for a Freshman at UCONN....while wearing #33. She led the team in scoring for something like 8 games in a row and was a pretty big contributor until she got her "bell rung" in 3 or so straight games.

#13 has had a "bad rap" for most of my life as an "unlucky" number.... and that was the point of telling about my personal experience wearing that number...even though several athletes were very successful with it, including Don Maynard (as I referenced), one of my favorite Quarterbacks, Dan Marino, Wilt Chamberlin, Alex Rodriguez (as a NY Yankee), Steve Nash and others.

So, IN MY OPINION... Caroline had a lot of success this past season wearing #33, and considering the history of others wearing #33 at UCONN, I would advise her to continue wearing that number.

BUT...the choice is hers... not mine, nor anyone else here on the BY. We'll see in the fall what she chooses.
I would have asked the question "Now that 20 is available, can she choose to wear it?" if she wore number 20 in HS. So the "now available" number is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
I would have asked the question "Now that 20 is available, can she choose to wear it?" if she wore number 20 in HS. So the "now available" number is irrelevant.
Well, that clears it all up...

But, the specific number is relevant in this situation... and I am not the only one who "suggests" that Caroline avoid #13.

But, as I said, she has will make her own decision on this.

Reaction Score
So you are saying you tried a second number, it didn't work out too well for you, so you went back to your originally number. And the purpose of this thread was to point out that Caroline did not wear her "original" number in her freshman year but that number is now available to her. The actual number is irrelevant.
This whole topic is irrelevant! They will wear whatever number they want/are allowed to wear and that number will have zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with how they play, whether the team goes to their 15th consecutive final four, or whether we win our 12th championship! I think the summer doldrums have arrived a little early this year! Oh how I look forward to some recruiting news and November!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom