Player heights ? | The Boneyard

Player heights ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are the listed heights of the women's players a bit taller than they actually are? On the men's side for example, Ryan Boatright is usually listed at 6' despite his actual height of 5'9" or 5'10".
Is Moriah Jefferson actually 5'7"? She looks much shorter than Bria Hartley to me.

Not looking to take anything away from Boat or Moriah, as they both had great seasons. Just curious on the listed heights of smaller guards on both the men's and women's teams.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Bria Hartley was listed after correction at 5'8".

Reaction Score
In photos of Bria and Coach together, she doesn't look much taller than him, so I guess Bria is Coach's height plus an inch or two?

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You don't read this board much, huh........lol.

It's been much discussed including Moore being 6' or 6'1, KML 5'10", 5'11" or 6', Hartley from 5'7" all the way up to 5'10".

Kia Nurse has been listed 3 different heights.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Bria Hartley was listed after correction at 5'8".
I believe that is still short....lol.

Power of the boneyard. I was the one that got that corrected.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I believe that is still short....lol.

Power of the boneyard. I was the one that got that corrected.

The power of the dog! I tend to agree with you that she is something over 5'8"

Reaction Score
I admit that I don't read the women's board much. I was walking to Gampel one night for a men's game and passed by KML and Moriah. Just curious on the true heights of the players.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I admit that I don't read the women's board much. I was walking to Gampel one night for a men's game and passed by KML and Moriah. Just curious on the true heights of the players.
No one knows.

So we will all act like we do, using photographic evidence to try to prove something unprovable.

Reaction Score
No way Boatright is anywhere near 6'... I saw him at the parade up close (my daughter got a high-five from him, Bazz, De'Andre and Brimah after they exited the bus)... Boatright is short like me... and I'm 5'7... He might be a cm or 2 taller... might... But one thing about that kid, he's got HOPS for decades ( forget about days and years )... and mad heart... Moriah's probably around 5'4.. she's tiny... Dolson and Breanna and Stokes look like legit 6'4 ish/6'5 ish (Dolson definitely up there in height)

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
This is one of those topics that tends to get chewed on pretty thoroughly, particularly during the off-season. I'd mention some more of 'em,, but, I'm not quite ready for doctoral dissertations on the relative value of 15-year old shooting guards from Guam, what constitutes a 1) jump shot 2)block/charge 3)good recruiting class, nor the current whereabouts of Ivana "Gillian" Stepovaya. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I stood within a few feet of Bria in the assembly area before the parade on Sunday - she was right around the same height as me: 5'9.

Stef was harder to tell, but she was definitely a few inches taller than KO (who I was expecting to be taller). I think she's a legit 6'5.

Reaction Score
Program heights in women's basketball are no different than men's basketball there's no connection to any actual measurement of any kind. Many players are listed as taller than they are and a few are listed as shorter than they are. The SID pretty much just copies whatever the player's high school listed the player at and that becomes the height they are listed at in college as well.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I stood within a few feet of Bria in the assembly area before the parade on Sunday - she was right around the same height as me: 5'9.

Stef was harder to tell, but she was definitely a few inches taller than KO (who I was expecting to be taller). I think she's a legit 6'5.
Ollie was listed at 6-2.

Reaction Score
Stef 6'5" Stewie 6'4" Kiah 6'3" Morgan 6'2" Rest of the team not sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Stef 6'5" Stewie 6'4" Kiah 6'3" Morgan 6'2" Rest of the team not sure.
I think the first 3 are accurate. Morgan may be closer to 6'1", maybe a lot closer.

Kaleena is maybe 5'11", give or take about 1/4".

Bria is 5'9", maybe slightly more.

Moriah is closer to 5'6", maybe shorter. In person, she looks to be average height for a woman and cute as hell.

Edwards is the shortest recruit. The others are 5'11" or so. Nurse and Ek may be 6'0". Gabby can jump over them.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
doggydaddy said:
No one knows. So we will all act like we do, using photographic evidence to try to prove something unprovable.

In some cases we have the players' own words to help out. The Horde got Bria on video talking about her height, and Stewie also provided direct info when asked. I don't recall anyone else.

There's no guarantee that the player isn't trying to 'stretch' themselves in the telling, but I thought both Bria and Stewie were pretty non chalant about it.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
You don't read this board much, huh...lol.

It's been much discussed including Moore being 6' or 6'1, KML 5'10", 5'11" or 6', Hartley from 5'7" all the way up to 5'10".

Kia Nurse has been listed 3 different heights.
Well, women do tend to have more height options, depending on their footwear.

Reaction Score
In photos of Bria and Coach together, she doesn't look much taller than him, so I guess Bria is Coach's height plus an inch or two?

Did you see Geno's shoes ?

th

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Husky bass-I can certainly respect you for that- not reading this board much! What is your listed height?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
. Moriah's probably around 5'4.. she's tiny… )

That's what I keep telling my wife.
But she believes in the program height and nothing will change her mind.

Reaction Score
With five players next year listed between 5'10 and 6', it will be interesting to see how CD lines them up for warm-ups and the National Anthem. They were lined up from tallest to shortest this year and we will see if KML is closer to Gabby's height or Kia's or Morgan . Then we can assign true measurements (IMHO) based on accurate real-time observations..........

Reaction Score
When I saw Moriah up close in person I would have guessed 5'3". That's why I was very surprised to see her listed at 5'7".

Reaction Score
Well there you go, you are talking about completely different types of height. There is walking height, playing height, uniform standing height, street clothes height and the list goes on and on. My favorite is street clothes height determined by a picture of her standing next to someone in uniform who has a height that has been determined but unconfirmed by a picture of her standing next to another uniformed player from another team while using her school's advertised unconfirmed uniform height. I only say this because height is serious business on the BY.

Reaction Score
With five players next year listed between 5'10 and 6', it will be interesting to see how CD lines them up for warm-ups and the National Anthem. They were lined up from tallest to shortest this year and we will see if KML is closer to Gabby's height or Kia's or Morgan . Then we can assign true measurements (IMHO) based on accurate real-time observations.....
They are always lined up that way... tribute to Delta State (iirc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom