Player for player comparison: 2013 team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Player for player comparison: 2013 team

Reaction Score
I've been just a little confused by the meltdown on the board lately. I don't think this team is underperforming. I think they're performing exactly as one would expect given the talent coming into this season. As has been mentioned above, Sanogo is the only player on this team that would provide an upgrade to the 2013/14 roster. He's the only player on this team that has a final four mentality and skill set. Others may develop that mind/skill set over time, but he's the only one that has it right now.

I think if Sanogo stays until his senior year along with AJax, and Hawkins stays until his junior year, then we can expect a run in the tournament. That is provided someone steps up as an alpha floor general/ball handler (I wouldn't expect that to be a freshman Castle in that year - would have to be junior Diggins/Floyd or a transfer). I think until then, this is a tournament team with a sweet 16 ceiling, depending on the way the bracket plays out.

Reaction Score
the board was unanimously overjoyed that we landed him over nova. while we assumed he would be a 4 year player, we also thought he could become the best PG left in his class by the time he was a junior. but for him to do that he'd probably need be contributing something as a frosh.

there's a lot of middle ground between immediate impact and no impact. a solid ~8 mpg as the backup PG could still be considered immediate impact. that wasn't an unrealistic expectation or fabricated myth and it's really all this team needs.
I would love 8 mpg from him. My concern is that with the ease of the transfer portal, how many of these kids stick around with zero PT? Then it begs the question, "why would we want to keep someone who isn't good enough to play even some minutes his freshman year?" Which then leads to having to use the transfer portal ourselves to fill that void. Which leads to little time for team chemistry. So, my final analysis is that it's pretty depressing on all fronts to see such lack of contribution from these recruits.

Reaction Score
The 2013 team had 2 coaches in every game, one that strategize and the other that tried to ensure execution. Today's team only has one coach and no one to ensure execution.

Reaction Score
That team played a tough non-conference schedule. The back court was way better. They would kill this crowd..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom