Player Emotion on the Sidelines | The Boneyard

Player Emotion on the Sidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
During the 4th quarter...I saw something I haven't seen since Edsall was here...players running and jumping with excitement trying to get those of us braving the weather fired up. Watching them during that defensive series, and after the game was flat out AWESOME! It has been a long road for those kids, and they deserved the win they earned yesterday!

Reaction Score
I said this in another thread, this visual and the tweets about "a great team win" from most of the players I follow on Twitter tells us everything we need to know about the culture and belief in one another this team now embodies. It is certainly exciting! Keep the momentum going.

Reaction Score
Early in the second half UCF covering a kick knocked Arkeel butt over bandbox and they all ran off the field whooping it up. I looked at our sideline and it was pretty quiet and I thought we were in trouble but the players rallied and kept battling and things broke our way for a change. With so many of our team seeing time on the field everyone is invested and the positive coaching going on is going to pay big dividends. Everyone is pulling the wagon and it was great to be there to see them that happy after the game.

Reaction Score
During the 4th quarter...I saw something I haven't seen since Edsall was here...players running and jumping with excitement trying to get those of us braving the weather fired up. Watching them during that defensive series, and after the game was flat out AWESOME! It has been a long road for those kids, and they deserved the win they earned yesterday!

FD, I sit right behind the bench 9 rows back, so I have a pretty good view of the Husky sideline. My observations are that since PP left the bench has been pretty animated, and was totally ballistic during our three game win streak last year. This year the sideline has been pretty much appropriate for the situation. They seem happy and positive, even when losing, but always supportive and look like they're having fun. Casey Cochrane is an obvious leader on the sidelines, really popular kid. The most noticeable and memorable sidelines were the PP sidelines, with GDL always stooping in front of the OL bench with his clipboard and diagrams, lecturing players, and the players not looking in his direction. They just sat there and ignored him. And PP never said anything to anyone, he just marched around with his headphones on and occasionally let out a "Let's go." Completely uninspiring and uninspired by the end of the second year. TJ Weist had an immediately animated sideline. The relief that PP/GDL was gone was palpable. BD takes it to another level, very involved in everything, always talking to players, encouraging them. It's just the youth. You can't hire a 63 year old guy to come in and coach 19 year olds. I like BD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom