Player Conditioning | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Player Conditioning

Reaction Score
Interesting observation, I do not recall many players cramping up at all this year if any limping off the field due to cramps.
Basically hydration and stretching.

All due respect to all on the forum. I was at the Army game and I doubt exhaustion had much to do with at least four of the illegal motion calls very early in the game. It was not physical conditioning or exhaustion causing the problem. Army's defensive line looked to be getting a good jump thus some UConn O linemen getting beat off the snap. This in return causes said beat lineman to jump early on the next snap. As big and physical as linemen are it is still a very cerebral game. Timing and execution just as much as any other position.
I have a strong belief if Jim Mora has a problem with the S&C coach he will handle it as well as he did the DC coaching position.

If you missed the cramping then you just weren’t paying attention.

Reaction Score
If you missed the cramping then you just weren’t paying attention.
OK I can accept I missed a play or two. But why not take your expertise and superior knowledge to where it would do some good for the team? Obviously you think they are dropping the ball. Why not address the coaching staff with your knowledge and help the team?
True fans do what they can... Of course you will have to also convince this guy he has also missed a lot of cramping.
Title Associate Athletic Director for Athletic Training (FB) roberthoward@uconn.edu Send him a note.
May you and all UConn fans have a happy Thanksgiving day. And remember the UConn men are on at 8:00 PM. Tomorrow night ; )

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Myself, this season was great. I'm looking forward to see how next year will be, AFTER the bowl game this year!

I'm wondering about QB, who'll be around and can you redshirt in another year? I think Tyler Phommachanh will be 100% and TR should be ready, too.

Reaction Score
IMO, a few of the "cramping" issues were well-timed rest periods against hurry up offenses.
Yeah but they mainly happened in games with warm weather like Utah State and some others.

Reaction Score
Sorry. As a matter of Carollian logic, one can not fairly conclude that he is implying anything near what you allege he is implying. Which, of course, would lead a logical person to conclude that you are trolling.
If you are a lawyer, than I hope you have some good paralegals helping you.

He was saying the thread was ridiculous, and not worthy of discussion. The response I wrote was logical extension and certainly not trolling.

We had more injuries early on than I’ve even seen in Division 1, all I was suggesting is we might want to take into consideration next year - see what the board thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom