Play Sanogo or go fishing | The Boneyard

Play Sanogo or go fishing

Reaction Score
Bulls losing by double digits to Heat without Jimmy Butler. You are a play in team for a reason maybe try switching things up so you get some momentum going into next season, you might actually win.

Reaction Score
Bulls losing by double digits to Heat without Jimmy Butler. You are a play in team for a reason maybe try switching things up so you get some momentum going into next season, you might actually win.
Vucevic and Drummond are both better NBA centers than Adama. No, Billy Donovan should not play him because he played for your favorite team lol

Reaction Score
Vucevic and Drummond are both better NBA centers than Adama. No, Billy Donovan should not play him because he played for your favorite team lol
Scoreboard, the Heat aren’t even playing well.

Reaction Score
It was very obvious that Drummond shouldve been traded to a titoe contender at the deadline and Sanogo shouldve been called up the Bulls weren’t going anywhere anyways.

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
What was stranger to be honest was that Sanogo puts up 22 points & 20 rebounds & the next game was the final game of the season verse the Knicks & meant absolutely nothing for seeding or final standings & Sanogo doesn’t touch the court-plays ZERO minutes- maybe he was hurt & I miss something- but in all honesty Billy go back to college or something else- unfortunately it’s been a struggle in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Bulls must be close to blowing it up soon. They can get a LOT of assets for Lavine and Derozan. Vucevic is getting older and probably wants to be in a winning situation

Sanogo shouldn’t have been a major rotation player over Vuc and Drummond. But if Vuc gets shipped and they don’t get a quality big back, why not convert Adama to a full time contract and let him get some burn while you rebuild?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
They can get a LOT of assets for Lavine and Derozan
You mean the guy with a bad knee and a max contract and the soon to be 35 year old?

Reaction Score
When given the opportunity, Adama, Hawk, and Andre have crushed it. These teams are conspiring against UConn players or are just plan dumb.
I guess they should’ve came back for another year so we could go 40-0 and win every game by 50.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What was stranger to be honest was that Sanogo puts up 22 points & 20 rebounds & the next game was the final game of the season verse the Knicks & meant absolutely nothing for seeding or final standings & Sanogo doesn’t touch the court-plays ZERO minutes- maybe he was hurt & I miss something- but in all honesty Billy go back to college or something else- unfortunately it’s been a struggle in the NBA.

Look, I love Sanogo and I didn't want to say anything in the other thread but...

He went 8/18 in 35 minutes of what was basically a summer league game against a Wizards team that finished 15-67; the Bulls only played one starter.

Half of his rebounds were offensive boards and I think a lot of those were off his own misses. (He missed 10 shots.) He also had 1 steal, 0 assists and 0 blocks. (Those are also his season totals in about 65 minutes played.)

I think he belongs in the NBA but people are seeing "20-20" game and assuming he's Karl Malone. Like everybody else, I hope Chicago (or another team) gives him more PT because I'd like to see what he can do against real competition.

Playing against the Knicks would have been a great test in that regard, and you're absolutely right that it makes no sense why Donovan played his regulars and didn't get Adama into the game.

Reaction Score
The Bulls have been a nightmare of an organization since MJ left. No other way to put it.

Reaction Score
Look, I love Sanogo and I didn't want to say anything in the other thread but...

He went 8/18 in 35 minutes of what was basically a summer league game against a Wizards team that finished 15-67; the Bulls only played one starter.

Half of his rebounds were offensive boards and I think a lot of those were off his own misses. (He missed 10 shots.) He also had 1 steal, 0 assists and 0 blocks. (Those are also his season totals in about 65 minutes played.)

I think he belongs in the NBA but people are seeing "20-20" game and assuming he's Karl Malone. Like everybody else, I hope Chicago (or another team) gives him more PT because I'd like to see what he can do against real competition.

Playing against the Knicks would have been a great test in that regard, and you're absolutely right that it makes no sense why Donovan played his regulars and didn't get Adama into the game.
Yea- I don’t think any of us know if Adama will become an NBA rotational player or not- was just really odd considering the circumstance- the kid comes off 22 & 20 with the next game meaning absolutely zero & the kid doesn’t touch the floor.

Another point- I believe Adama is more matured than this, but I would imagine with a lot of young players who had that type of game & in the next game they don’t touch the floor I could see it getting under the skin of some other young players.

With all this said, we don’t know what the conversations were- maybe Adama tweaked something or was under the weather for the Knicks game & we are jumping to unfair conclusions.

I wonder if someone had a honest conversation with Billy if he is happy where he is at or if he feels like the college game is a better fit.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Yea- I don’t think any of us know if Adama will become an NBA rotational player or not- was just really odd considering the circumstance- the kid comes off 22 & 20 with the next game meaning absolutely zero & the kid doesn’t touch the floor.

Another point- I believe Adama is more matured than this, but I would imagine with a lot of young players who had that type of game & in the next game they don’t touch the floor I could see it getting under the skin of some other young players.

With all this said, we don’t know what the conversations were- maybe Adama tweaked something or was under the weather for the Knicks game & we are jumping to unfair conclusions.

I wonder if someone had a honest conversation with Billy if he is happy where he is at or if he feels like the college game is a better fit.

An injury would make sense, but it also sure seems like Donovan played to win the game. They were a DeRozen jumper away from winning IIRC.

You'd think if Donovan wanted to coach college again, Mark Pope would still be in Utah.

Reaction Score

I was confused by how many boneyarders didn't realize that that was essentially a G-League game played on an NBA schedule. I think Sanogo will eventually get a shot in the league but an end of the season game where nothing was at stake isn't a real barometer of anything.

Reaction Score
I was confused by how many boneyarders didn't realize that that was essentially a G-League game played on an NBA schedule. I think Sanogo will eventually get a shot in the league but an end of the season game where nothing was at stake isn't a real barometer of anything.
Very true, but Sanogo was dominating the G League as well

If they’re trying to win games and have rotation centers on the team, Sanogo (justifiably) won’t have a spot. But if they go into a rebuild, might as well throw him a minimum deal, have him off the bench for spot minutes, see what he can do!

(yes im biased)

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo's path to becoming an end of bench guy in the NBA will be similar to Luka Garza's. That guy destroyed college ball and destroyed G-league competition for years before finally getting a full season contract this year (albeit in early April and only for the rest of this season). But odds are he will probably be able to get a fully guaranteed contract somewhere next season.

Hopefully Sanogo can show the same grit where some team will offer him a fully guaranteed contract someday soon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom