Play of the Game - UConn vs Syracuse | The Boneyard

Play of the Game - UConn vs Syracuse

Reaction Score
Any of the several of her no-look passes. Reminds me of when Geno was talking about Diana before any of us saw her. He said something to the effect of -If she's looking at you, you're safe. If she's not looking at you DUCK- LOL.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am always impressed with the pick six plays, and we got two. And Cw long range bank shot was amazing. But Paige seeing Liv at the hoop and streaking through the lane for that pass was a thing of beauty.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Honorable mention: Aubrey in the second half taking a high post entry from the top of the key, kicking it out quickly to a wing and cutting for an easy feed and layup. The layup was a reward but it was good looking offense.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Put her on Clark!
The staff will come up with something to "hopefully" slow down Clark. You're not going to stop her, or shut her down (if they could, that would be great). She's on a roll and in rhythm. If UConn can keep her under 25, they have a real good chance of winning this game. What they cannot afford to do is let her go off for 35 again. The last player (Chelsea Dungee of Arkansas) to score that many points on them, beat UConn. If they can keep her at 25 or less, her teammates are going to have to give her a lot of support. I expect UConn to hold the rest of the team collectively to under 45 points.

Now let's remember that Iowa IS NOT infallible. They lost 9 games during the season, and finished 6th in league (BIG 10) standings. All of their losses were to ranked teams except for Michigan State early on Dec 12. They score a lot of points. Uconn is going to have to score at least 85, and play tough defense to hold them under 80 to win. UConn is averaging 83 points in their last 5 games. If Iowa goes down, they won't go down easy.

For what it's worth - Massey predicts UConn winning 86-70. I don't put a lot of stock in Massey's predictions anymore. They had UConn beating Arkansas by 10. :confused:

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The pass to ONO...

THAT PLAY is almost impossible to defend. You give her a "clear" open lane to pass the ball, and ONO is looking for the pass...........bucket and 1. ;)
A couple of those early, and you might get their starting post player in early foul trouble, and an invitation to sit down the rest of the half.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score

On the game replay, watch from the 4:30 mark (1:08:48). Syracuse #22 gives a few elbows to Edwards, Strautmane and Edwards get tangled after UConn gets the rebound (a little extracurricular there), and then Paige starts to dribble up the court, and then slows, and Strautmane runs over her for the foul. It was a small thing, but IMHO, Paige took the foul to repay Edwards for not getting a foul called.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
As Nan said, many to choose from. I re-watched the game and many plays stood out to me. Buckle up. :)

1) 7:55 1st... CW-->PB-->AE +1 (seems to be a fav for many). Textbook break.
2) 3:31 1st... CW tips the Cuse pass then punches it ahead to PB for the lay-in. Nice D and a heads up play by CW.
3) Odd play at the end of the 1st (not a fav). we get the ball as the shot clock horn sounds and only PB and AM start the break. The other 3 players head for the bench thinking the quarter is over. Unusual lack of awareness.
4) Another odd play... did Paige flop on that 3 try at 50.2 of the 2nd? Very insignificant touch after the ball is away and Paige goes down for 3 FTs. I know it benefited us but that looked very ND-ish. ?
5) Even though the score was getting lopsided Cuse was still showing effort for the most part. At about 7:40 it became obvious that they gave up... ONO-->CW miss but ONO cleans it up with ZERO resistance. Cardoso just stood rooted in place and watched. This was followed by a really brain-dead end-line violation by Cuse, I would have called a TO at that point and started screaming about playing with pride but nothing from Q... surrender.
6) UConn's 3rd quarter passing clinic continues 5:20 AE draws 2 and drops it to a cutting ONO
7) At 3:51 there was that PB-->ONO no-look bullet. Noice!!
8) 2:51 ONO-->AE Hi-Lo WIDE open (Cuse mentally on the bus at this point)
9) 2:10 PB-->ONO no look dime for the +1 (Very sweet)
10) AND MY GAME FAVORITE... 1:10 of the 3rd... PB-->CW-->PB-->AM-->AG-->PB-->CW-->AE-->AG lay-up. 8 quick passes all over the court, every player with a touch, with no dribbling at all for the clean layup. Gold Star, Blue Ribbon, trophy retired!
11) 8:50 of the 4th... ONO's drive on Cardoso. This is the kind of play that I think we all love to see from Liv. Strong, confident, aggressive finish.
12) 4:52 4th... Inside out AE-->AM for 3!

Reaction Score
At about 1 minute left in the third quarter all 5 on the floor touch the ball with short crisp passes, then Edwards hits Griffin coming down the lane for an easy bucket.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
With about 7+ minutes to go in the 3rd, E attempts a 3. The ball rims out with everyone standing around looking except - Olivia. She runs down the lane, grabs the rebound and has an easy layup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom