Play of the Game - UConn vs Marquette | The Boneyard

Play of the Game - UConn vs Marquette

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Always a tough call when games are this uglified. What stands out to me would be Aaliyah's put-backs. I'd have to re-watch to pick one.

Reaction Score
Liv's 6 blocks... well not just one play.

Reaction Score
It tells you what kind of a game it is when it is hard to recall a potential play of the game. In general I would have to pick one of Aaliyah's offensive rebound put backs, or one of Aubrey's, because those were making something out of nothing. Our best offense all night was our guards throwing up a mediocre shot for the bigs to go get and put back in.

Reaction Score
There's np doubt Liv was plyer of the game She made all the big plays to keep them in the game. 6 blocks and how many altered shots. She made the baskets when they needed them. I thought it was her best game as a Husky. They loose if it wasn't for her. I just wish she would shoot more from the top of the key when she's unguarded instead of trying to set screens and have the guards crash the boards to open things up for the guards

Reaction Score
Agree, HuskyNan. The announcers talked about that same play when going over highlights of the game.

Reaction Score
I agree with Nan. Ripping the ball from the defender and the put back was probably the best play. What was not the best play was Paige coming around a screen for an open 10-12 footer in the paint, normally a money shot for Paige. Does she take the shot? No, she throws the ball to Liv under the basket in a very difficult position that results in a turn over. I think Geno might have mentioned this to Paige....

Reaction Score
Taylor's 3rd foul battling Edwards for the ball. Thought they were both going up for the ball. Their toughest player stopped being that after the call.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I just wish she would shoot more from the top of the key when she's unguarded ...
Olivia should do that IF and ONLY IF she is making a reasonable percentage of those shots, so the defense has to guard her. She did that against Marquette. She failed to do it against Tennessee, and thankfully didn't try to do it very much against South Carolina.

I wonder if she can make that shot accurate enough to have the UConn offense rely on it in the upcoming month. It may be a project for next year. But taking 10 of them and making 2 is a recipe for defeat. At that rate, the defense will be happy to leave her alone and clog the paint to stop the guards from penetrating.

Reaction Score
what do you guys think?
what do you guys think?
NCAA: does not like UConn Women Basketball teams . Why, because they win 'Too Much', bad for the women's game. This makes me very suspicious of 'refs with whistles'. One, can easily become a hidden 6th player, 'in essence' for a team. Beware in the 'Final Four'. I speak from the visual experience of attending & viewing many of these final games !

Reaction Score
Olivia should do that IF and ONLY IF she is making a reasonable percentage of those shots, so the defense has to guard her. She did that against Marquette. She failed to do it against Tennessee, and thankfully didn't try to do it very much against South Carolina.

I wonder if she can make that shot accurate enough to have the UConn offense rely on it in the upcoming month. It may be a project for next year. But taking 10 of them and making 2 is a recipe for defeat. At that rate, the defense will be happy to leave her alone and clog the paint to stop the guards from penetrating.
I agree with you. I believe that she would make more shots, if she was on balance. Half, if not most, of her shots are taken when she’s off balance. Her pivots seem to be off. In the Marquette game, she didn’t give herself a chance. She caught the ball a few times near the key and the defender wasn’t close. She had “pass the ball-itis” before she caught the ball. That should be her “money” shot.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I wonder if she can make that shot accurate enough to have the UConn offense rely on it in the upcoming month. It may be a project for next year.
Agreed! Her shot has too many moving parts to be consistent. She moves beyond the normal shooting level of the ears to over her head. Then she rocks the ball back behind her head and catapults the ball forward. right now she is hitting 60.9% on uncontested free throws and 26.7% from 3. No way she can be counted on the be consistent from 18-20 feet. I agree with you to get a shooting coach to reconstruct her free throws and then see what she can do from further out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom