Play of the Game - UConn vs Baylor | The Boneyard

Play of the Game - UConn vs Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
The play of the game UConn fans was the non-call foul by AE on Carrington. That was the game right there. Maybe finally we can silence the "UConn never gets the calls", "the refs are against us" crowd. No other play comes close.

Reaction Score
No other play comes close? You have got to be kidding. Baylor should have had at least 6 more fouls called against them, at least 6. Sound like a Baylor fan. And no, that was not the game. How about the first 39 minutes. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
It was early and I realize this was a defensive game but scoring has it's merits, and in a close game every basket counts. ;)
I have Griffins rescue of a ball going out of bounds, staying airborne and flipping a pass backwards to CW who had a nice short bank for two.
Honorable mention early, Olivia's backdoor pass to Paige for two. Both basketball ballet of beauty....

Reaction Score
The play of the game UConn fans was the non-call foul by AE on Carrington. That was the game right there. Maybe finally we can silence the "UConn never gets the calls", "the refs are against us" crowd. No other play comes close.
I’m sure Paige appreciated all the no calls and the mugging she took all game ..last play imo
Carrington tried to create the contact why the no call

Reaction Score
No other play comes close? You have got to be kidding. Baylor should have had at least 6 more fouls called against them, at least 6. Sound like a Baylor fan. And no, that was not the game. How about the first 39 minutes. Ridiculous.
Watch how many times uconn players hit the floor.

Reaction Score
Geno pointed out the “play” that may have turned the game around and it came during a timeout with UConn down 10 and it came from a player who sat the entire game. Anna called the team out for their downtrodden expressions. They ripped off 19 unanswered.

Reaction Score
The Baylor player trying to pull Chrystin's short down for a foul with .8 seconds left to play.

Reaction Score
My biggest gripe (coming from a former official): refs swallowing the whistle in the last two minutes of a game. This was clearly on display tonight. Against both teams.
To me the worst no call of the game was Olivia getting tripped from behind by a Baylor player during a fast break. The officials were awful.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Not the play of the game, but one that bothers me:

In the first half, Aubrey drove hard to the basket and plowed into Didi Richards, and a charge was called. Physically, it was undoubtedly a charge -- Didi's feet were set and Aubrey hit her in the midsection.

BUT, Didi was the secondary defender (having moved from one side of the court to where she took the charge), and she was standing right in the middle of the restricted arc. Doesn't that make the play a blocking foul on her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom