Play-in games | The Boneyard

Play-in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I still don't get it. Two at-large teams play for a 13 seed -- OK. Two others play for an 11 seed.

But there are other at-large teams seeded lower than 11 -- Cal, Oregon and Mississippi are 12 seeds.

So the committee is saying those potential 11 seeds are better than those teams, yet they have to play an extra game.

Why not just have it be the last four at-large teams and have them all play for 13 seeds? Has anyone explained this?

Reaction Score
I still don't get it. Two at-large teams play for a 13 seed -- OK. Two others play for an 11 seed.

But there are other at-large teams seeded lower than 11 -- Cal, Oregon and Mississippi are 12 seeds.

So the committee is saying those potential 11 seeds are better than those teams, yet they have to play an extra game.

Why not just have it be the last four at-large teams and have them all play for 13 seeds? Has anyone explained this?
Oregon and Ole Miss won their league tournaments.

As for Oregon and Cal, though, the head of the committee said they had to drop them a seed line due to procedural issues. Probably the 11s would have been 12s behind Oregon and Cal.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Because some of the automatic bids are not viewed as being as strong as the next eight at-large bids, so the play-in places them higher in the seeding than the representive of the BOBC (Bob's Okay Basketball Conference).

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Oregon and Ole Miss won their league tournaments.

As for Oregon and Cal, though, the head of the committee said they had to drop them a seed line due to procedural issues. Probably the 11s would have been 12s behind Oregon and Cal.
Oh right.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Because some of the automatic bids are not viewed as being as strong as the next eight at-large bids, so the play-in places them higher in the seeding than the representive of the BOBC (Bob's Okay Basketball Conference).
I guess the question is if these are the last four at-large teams, and they're punished by having the play seven games to win the title, why the seed difference? There's supposed to be a difference between playing a 4 and a 6. Why not just put all the play-in games on a 12 seed?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because the seed lines don't always line up due to the myriad of rules around travel and playing conference opponents etc. I don't have the link handy but the committee publishes their 1-68 on Sunday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom