Play calling | The Boneyard

Play calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
With five minutes remaining on 1st and 10 from your own 40 down 10 points, we have DeLorenzo running up the middle, at a point in the game when we've gained a whopping 26 yards on the ground. What are we trying to do, run out the clock so we don't get beat any worse?

I've been trying to reserve judgment on Diaco to give him a reasonable benefit of the doubt, but this one play call proves the guy and his coaching staff don't have a freakin' clue.

Reaction Score
he must have had a bet with the other coach that we could rush for more than 50 yards

HuskyBarker

A Tiger is always Hungry!
Reaction Score
With five minutes remaining on 1st and 10 from your own 40 down 10 points, we have DeLorenzo running up the middle, at a point in the game when we've gained a whopping 26 yards on the ground. What are we trying to do, run out the clock so we don't get beat any worse?

I've been trying to reserve judgment on Diaco to give him a reasonable benefit of the doubt, but this one play call proves the guy and his coaching staff don't have a freakin' clue.

Maybe Diaco was suddenly possessed by the blundering spirit of ex-hc PP! ;)

Reaction Score
We have now seen why the Offensive coordinator didn't call the plays in his last job. He was the OC but the head coach called the plays.

Reaction Score
We have now seen why the Offensive coordinator didn't call the plays in his last job. He was the OC but the head coach called the plays.

The announcers criticized him for predictable 1st downs. I can't say I disagree. You rip off a big run for a 1st down, and that's the perfect time for play-action.

And, on 3rd and 12, why is Whitmer faking to the running back? His eyes should be downfield the whole way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom