Play calling. | The Boneyard

Play calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone see much difference in the play calling this year? We are still calling them from the stands just like the Randy days.
Not only that but our announcer guy insisits on letting the entire house know when another QB comes in. He does this for no other position. Is he on the take? Or just dumb?

Reaction Score
Anyone see much difference in the play calling this year? We are still calling them from the stands just like the Randy days.
Not only that but our announcer guy insisits on letting the entire house know when another QB comes in. He does this for no other position. Is he on the take? Or just dumb?
I agree on announcing the QB change. Ridiculous. He actually missed a few changes in the second half and we were laughing about that one.

Reaction Score
I thought DeLeone did a much better job this time. On most key 3rd downs, he strips McEntee of half the field, giving him 1 or 2 reads on the right side. This is what most OC's do all the time with inexperienced QB's to slow the game down for them until they are game ready. Heck, Jason Campbell still gets this offense.

Early on, DeLeone forced Johnny to make too many reads, particularly in the game vs. Vandy. The simpler look is helping.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
We are throwing the ball downfield with regularity and no inside handoffs but we manage to find issue with the offensive play-calling. We have a QB who has played the first 5 meaningful games of his career, a 170 lb tb and the worst line performance we've seen since 2006. We're also 5 games in with a brand new offensive scheme.

Reaction Score

I always thought that was a normal thing at college games. The PA guy at WVU has announced QB changes during the games for years.

Reaction Score
We have a QB who has played the first 5 meaningful games of his career, a 170 lb tb and the worst line performance we've seen since 2006.

There was a pass play in the first half where Matt Ryan did not block the D-lineman lined up directly in front of him. The guy got to McEntee untouched in a nanosecond. I can only assume McEntee dissed Ryan's girlfriend and Ryan was getting payback.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta disagree with the offensive play calling.

We've seen much better imagination with the passing offense and the numbers show it. Look at the number of different receivers we have with receptions over 20 yards and look at the yards passing.

Plus, we've had 3-4 plays already this year where a receiver was wide open and the QB's blew the pass.

We are far from perfect with the passing offense but we are middle of the pack numerically and teams are going to have to respect the pass more than the past few years.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
There was a pass play in the first half where Matt Ryan did not block the D-lineman lined up directly in front of him. The guy got to McEntee untouched in a nanosecond. I can only assume McEntee dissed Ryan's girlfriend and Ryan was getting payback.
Ryan's a bulldozer run blocker. Unfortunately, he has the lateral mobility of a bulldozer when pass blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom