Plaudits well deserved | The Boneyard

Plaudits well deserved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can you imagine where this team could go if Kelly played like this every game!
It was applause well deserved. It seemed she was on a mission out there.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine where this team could go if Kelly played like this every game!
It was applause well deserved. It seemed she was on a mission out there.
I've always attributed Kelly's past lack of offense as stage fright. Offense and defense require pretty much the same physical skills but are very different mentally. With defense, a player is reacting to the action of others. One must do without thinking. With offense, the player is in control and makes a conscious decision to take a shot. Once the shot is taken, the shooter is exposed and the focus of attention while the ball is in the air - success or failure will be obvious to all. I believe great offensive players act as though they are playing defense - instinctively. For the first time Kelly played offense instinctively. This could be the start of something big.

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
I've always attributed Kelly's past lack of offense as stage fright. Offense and defense require pretty much the same physical skills but are very different mentally. With defense, a player is reacting to the action of others. One must do without thinking. With offense, the player is in control and makes a conscious decision to take a shot. Once the shot is taken, the shooter is exposed and the focus of attention while the ball is in the air - success or failure will be obvious to all. I believe great offensive players act as though they are playing defense - instinctively. For the first time Kelly played offense instinctively. This could be the start of something big.

+1 Bestbiarius.

In all sports like soccer, hockey, lacrosse etc., defense is reaction to what the opponent does; offense is creating and dictating to the opponent. Smart coaches match player personalities to the tasks they must perform. Creative risk-takers are most productive in offensive positions. Players who are methodical and risk-averse, make the best defenders. Basketball rewards and appreciates players who can change personalities and tactics as quickly as ball possessions change.

sTu

Reaction Score
You folks have heightened my appreciation of KML as there appears to be a very nice balance there in her personality and game play. It is hard for me to increase my Diana appreciation, but look at all that poor kid has to overcome personality wise to have improved her defense so much. :)

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score

And perhaps what's going on with Ms. Banks.

Reaction Score
And perhaps what's going on with Ms. Banks.
I don't think we should worry about Ms. Banks as we know that post players take a little more time to learn the college game and she has only played in 8 games. She will be a force on this team once the coaches work their magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom