Places to Watch in DC | The Boneyard

Places to Watch in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm new to the District and am looking for a spot that has satellite to watch all my northern teams (hopefully including SNY), anyone have suggestions?

Reaction Score
I'm out of town this weekend but can name tons of places, what area/neighborhood are you in?

Reaction Score
I'd say Palatine's house but he will be spending the weekend at the Boyles. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Capitol Hill. Seems mostly residential over here but I did see a few cool looking places by Union Station

Reaction Score
Try Cap Lounge or Hawk and Dove on Capitol Hill. Both are really good for college football. In DC and Arlington you pretty much have close to 30 bars that are taken over by specific schools on game days. Mainly the BIG10 and SEC schools. Its actually kind of cool to see and yet at the same time you realize how far UConn has to go with our football fan culture. You will want to stay clear of Union Pub near union station as that is ACC country and Florida State and Clemson dominate.

Reaction Score
Huskyfan16...I know on my cable package MASN usually plays SNY feeds, so I've gotten all the UConn football and basketball games on SNY on that channel.

Reaction Score
MASN and my FIOS in arlington gets SNY too, unfortunately it's not HD, but I'll take what I can get.

As for bars, I second what ChampHusky said, Cap Louge or Hawk n Dove for capital hill places to go watch. Easter market there's Molly Malone's as well, not a great sports atmosphere but a solid brunch and you can def catch games on the TVs they have there.

The DC Alumni association has been holding their watches at Grand Slam sports bar in the downstairs of the Hyatt in downtown, haven't been paying attention if they've started up so far this year and the venue has changed a few times in recent years. If it's packed with UConn fans it's great, if not i wouldn't recommend it. Penn Quarter in Penn Quarter is cramped but will have every game you can imagine on, and also a plethora of other fans. I forget if it's dominated by a single school at the moment.

Avoid Carpool in arlington during Penn State games, or risk being killed to death by constant "We Are" chants. Otherwise, for any other game it's great, tons of tvs and good beers on tap.

Another dive right near the capital is Hamilton's, but that gets overrun by a few teams as well. Will be a good atmosphere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom