PK85 Bracket Set (UConn vs. Oregon) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PK85 Bracket Set (UConn vs. Oregon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
For those that like brackets

West coast so bound to be some late EST times, but damn. Championship game at 10PM eastern on a Sunday night? I guess they don't want to run against the NFL but still...

Reaction Score
I'd rather start with an easier matchup like Iowa State then a big showdown after with UNC but this works for me too. Hoping not to play michigan state back to back years

Reaction Score
Sure, but this UConn team is also probably better than that one
Point was drawing a mediocre team on the road is different than a good team on the road considering the other options (good team or mediocre teams on more neutral courts).

Reaction Score

Antoine Anderson had 10 points in a game where UConn beat Oregon in Oregon. Just saying.
terry larrier spent some time at center (!!) in this game too, iirc

as a celtics fan, it's crazy to think that payton pritchard was on that oregon team. he was their top scorer, too!

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
As someone who will be going to this tournament, absolutely crucial for UConn to beat Oregon and get in the winner's bracket. It looks like the loser's bracket games for both brackets get shipped off to play on the campus of U Portland a few miles from downtown vs. playing downtown in the Coliseum or the Moda Center. Can't maximize the # of games I see overall if I have to commute to U Portland for 2 UConn men's games. :)

Reaction Score
the box score of that game is peak "remembering some guys"
Team couldn't shoot (3-17 from 3), couldn't pass or set up an offense (4 assists total), and had no post presence (both centers fouled out in 14 minutes of play) -- how the hell did we win that game? I guess our defense was pretty good?

Reaction Score
This has probably been covered but what is protocol if we eventually match up with Nova? Non conference game? Could we conceivably play them 4 times this season?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Team couldn't shoot (3-17 from 3), couldn't pass or set up an offense (4 assists total), and had no post presence (both centers fouled out in 14 minutes of play) -- how the hell did we win that game? I guess our defense was pretty good?
I think it was just a really ugly game for everyone. The only thing I remember from that tournament was losing to Arkansas by like a billion.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good 1st game against a quality opponent on their "home court"
Nothing wrong with that
You know Altman will have his kids ready
UConn owes them for that MSG loss a few years back.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
video games GIF

Reaction Score
Sure, but this UConn team is also probably better than that one
The may of been the weakest UConn team since 1986 . With the exception of JA
That lineup was held together by bubble gum. Babies , NFL replacement players and ,and walking rehab guys .
Injuries, Mutiny, Graduation, NCAA , and decommits destroyed that team.
How we beat Oregon and played MSU tough until Gilbert went down again is a mystery.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
As someone who will be going to this tournament, absolutely crucial for UConn to beat Oregon and get in the winner's bracket. It looks like the loser's bracket games for both brackets get shipped off to play on the campus of U Portland a few miles from downtown vs. playing downtown in the Coliseum or the Moda Center. Can't maximize the # of games I see overall if I have to commute to U Portland for 2 UConn men's games. :)
I'll probably be there too, if I can skip out on Thanksgiving dinner. UP is only 15 minutes from Moda if it helps.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity are these all Nike schools?
Yes, of course. That's a major point of the tournament. UNC is a Jordan Brand school but that's under Nike so I guess it counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom