PK80 Uniforms | Page 2 | The Boneyard

PK80 Uniforms

Reaction Score
The uniforms the women will be wearing:

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 11.43.54 AM.png

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Arkansas’ look like practice jerseys, personally not a fan of the mascot over the name on the jersey.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
After seeing some of Oregon's alternate uniforms over the past few years, I was hoping for some neons or crazy graphics.

Meh.
The only thing we haven’t seen for us is red as a base color. Could you imagine the outrage?

Reaction Score
The potential Oregon vs Mich State loser bracket game could pose a problem with two shades of green.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I've never understood our obsession with gray, since it's not a school color. Still, if we beat Oregon wearing these I will advocate wearing them until we lose a game.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah don't love them but basically we scored an alt uni that was distinct from what we usually wear. It's fine.

Slightly OT: I'd rather see us go back to National Flag Blue unis than the lighter blue ones we've been using - across all sports. In the redesign we gave up our unique characteristics, Nat'l Flag Blue unis and the white Husky for more generic elements. Not a fan.

My impression has been the opposite. We've been wearing a dark navy, when national flag blue is much lighter and brighter than that.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Personally, I like whenever they try something new beyond the usual blue/white combos for UConn but I could see why some would not be a huge fan of the greys for us.

I don't see any dark navy blues. Why not us?

Reaction Score
I don't see any dark navy blues. Why not us?

My guess is they were trying to limit situations where like colors would face each other which could happen if we face DePaul. The issue then would be why UConn was not given preference to blue considering DePaul has not been relevant in 15 years.

Reaction Score
Is the American Flag really necessary (even if made in USA, if that's what they represent)? Some have it some don't. Just saying ours looks like NASCAR labeling.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Our tight girdle uneys on our stick figure players are hideous. State farm khaki hideous

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My impression has been the opposite. We've been wearing a dark navy, when national flag blue is much lighter and brighter than that.

I feel like National Flag Blue is pretty dark heading toward black. I feel like since the rebanding we've gone lighter, but I took a look at some pictures and now I'm not so sure.

I thought I remember Susan Herbst talking about lightening up the unis but I can't find it any where so...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Two tidbits:

1. The black shoes thing is a tribute to Knight, who always wears black Nikes.
2. Kyle Muncy confirmed on Twitter that UConn was always going to be in grey, even before Georgetown backed out.

Reaction Score
Grey's remind me of Thabeet's Final 4 team for some reason. Think these are average at best, even Oregon's is mild.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I feel like National Flag Blue is pretty dark heading toward black. I feel like since the rebanding we've gone lighter, but I took a look at some pictures and now I'm not so sure.

I thought I remember Susan Herbst talking about lightening up the unis but I can't find it any where so...

Look at a flag. It’s not that dark. Lighter than navy blue for sure. We switched to Navy at some point, but go back to the 80s and 90s and it was the correct color.

Oddly, checked the Reddit cbb forum, they all say these unis suck, but almost everybody likes ours as one of the best. So maybe grey isn’t so bad.

Reaction Score
Arkansas’ look like practice jerseys, personally not a fan of the mascot over the name on the jersey.

See that's the one I like the most, because its different! I wish we just had a big fat jonathan on our front (preferrably old Jonathan, but even new I'd take)

It's an alternate, make it different and have some fun with it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom