Pizza from Internet | The Boneyard

Pizza from Internet

Reaction Score
I am ordering Pizza from "Goldbelly's" ...internet ordered delivered...can't get good pizza here in the mountains.

One offering is Zuppardi's Apizza New Haven style...(west New Haven)...home made sausage appeals to me....another is from NYC..Di Faro's classic neapolitan...anybody order pizza delivered frozen?

Reaction Score
Thanks...I found this and am ordering..

Reaction Score
Thanks...I found this and am ordering..

A buddy of mine raves about these. I ordered an 8 pack to check them out. The margarita is far and away the best, and pretty good Neapolitan pizza for something that flies thousands of miles in dry ice.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This was discussed in the Best Pizza thread. I think Upstater ordered it. My understanding is that it isn't "frozen" but is instead in a refrigerated state.

I've been tempted to pull the trigger on these as well.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This may sound like heresy but the best “pizza” ( please recognize the quotes).....I’ve ever had shipped or frozen was a Lou malnatis Chicago sausage deep dish.

my judgement is based on how much it holds up “ like the restaurant “

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This may sound like heresy but the best “pizza” ( please recognize the quotes).....I’ve ever had shipped or frozen was a Lou malnatis Chicago sausage deep dish.

That is actually logical. I have taken home the refrigerated UNOs and those do hold up “like the restaurant”.

Reaction Score
I am ordering Pizza from "Goldbelly's" ...internet ordered delivered...can't get good pizza here in the mountains.

One offering is Zuppardi's Apizza New Haven style...(west New Haven)...home made sausage appeals to me....another is from NYC..Di Faro's classic neapolitan...anybody order pizza delivered frozen?
Why order from Goldbelly? They are a total ripoff.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

did this a few years ago for my son's birthday. We did the math and needed to order 6 of them to make it seem like it was worth the cost.

Seemed like the crust on the top edges was a bit dry but overall the toppings and the pie held up well. Wouldn't do as a routine thing but for a one time gift it works.

August_West

Reaction Score
did this a few years ago for my son's birthday. We did the math and needed to order 6 of them to make it seem like it was worth the cost.

Seemed like the crust on the top edges was a bit dry but overall the toppings and the pie held up well. Wouldn't do as a routine thing but for a one time gift it works.
Yeah that’s about exactly why I did. Used to bring my daughter during the summer on my business trips to Michigan. Invariably we’d end up in Chicago on way home ( it’s where my parents, her grandparents, are from). Anyway she LOVED deep dish and her favorite was malnatis.so it was a no brainer Xmas present for her l, I shipped out 6 . They were great. As far as the dry you gotta reheat in a heavily Buttered cake pan . The right size one. Doing that made it REALLY pretty damn close. I’m not a guy who thinks that style is actually “pizza”, but I do think it is definitely edible . Especially as a sausage on pizza guy. They put a solid frisbee disc of sausage on the pie. Under the cheese and sauce.

August_West

Reaction Score
so who?
Look direct. A lot of places goldbelly ships do direct themselves. For example Katz’s. No comparison what the price is from Katz’s direct and Katz’s via goldbelly

Reaction Score
Look direct. A lot of places goldbelly ships do direct themselves. For example Katz’s. No comparison what the price is from Katz’s direct and Katz’s via goldbelly

Yeah...but I wouldn't know any of these individual places...I can use Goldbelly's and sort by food type, region, national chef's..etc.

I don't mind paying a little more for the convenience and exposure...Goldbellys is nothing more than a big food-restaurant catalog...

Reaction Score
But Katz's ? There is a Katz in the little town of McCaysville not far from here....probably not the same food..LOL

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Yeah that’s about exactly why I did. Used to bring my daughter during the summer on my business trips to Michigan. Invariably we’d end up in Chicago on way home ( it’s where my parents, her grandparents, are from). Anyway she LOVED deep dish and her favorite was malnatis.so it was a no brainer Xmas present for her l, I shipped out 6 . They were great. As far as the dry you gotta reheat in a heavily Buttered cake pan . The right size one. Doing that made it REALLY pretty damn close. I’m not a guy who thinks that style is actually “pizza”, but I do think it is definitely edible . Especially as a sausage on pizza guy. They put a solid frisbee disc of sausage on the pie. Under the cheese and sauce.

I'll try the butter baking dish next time. I know we either put it in there with the crust exposed or left it in a tin foil tray it came packaged with from the shipping.

On a side note Rudy Malnati is part of the Malnati family and I've had a chance to meet him once or twice. He does a ton of stuff with military up in the Chicago area and if he's around, don't even bother looking for your wallet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom