Pittsburgh men’s basketball and football programs commit violations | The Boneyard

Pittsburgh men’s basketball and football programs commit violations

Reaction Score

>>The university and the enforcement staff used ranges identified by the Division I membership-approved infractions penalty guidelines to agree upon Level II-mitigated penalties for the university, Level II-aggravated for the former men’s basketball coach and Level I-aggravated for the former director of basketball operations. The head football coach agreed to Level II-standard penalties. Those and other penalties, approved by the Committee on Infractions, are detailed below:
  • Three years of probation.
  • A $5,000 fine plus 0.5% of each of the men’s basketball and football budgets.
  • A show-cause order for the head football coach withholding him from two days of team practices in August 2020. He also did not participate in one week of off-campus recruiting during the Dec. 1, 2019, through Feb. 1, 2020, contact period.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former men’s basketball coach. If he is employed by a member school during that time, he must be suspended from 30% of the first season of his employment.
  • A three-year show-cause order for the former director of basketball operations. During that period, any NCAA member school employing him must restrict him from any athletically related duties unless it shows cause why the restrictions should not apply.
  • A reduction in men’s basketball recruiting person days by 17 during the 2017-18 academic year.
  • A reduction in the number of men’s basketball countable coaches by one at regular practice for 16 hours during the 2019-20 academic year.
  • A reduction in men’s basketball countable athletically related activities hours in the spring of 2020 from 20 to 18 (in-season) and eight to seven (out-of-season).
  • A reduction of countable athletically related activities for the football program by eight hours and the number of countable coaches by one for two days of practice during the 2018 football season.
  • A reduction in the number of football countable coaches by one for four days of practice in the 2019-20 academic year.
  • Two football quality control staff members must be removed from practice for three days during the 2019-20 academic year.<<

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Hate to see it.

(These are as minor as it gets but Pitt schaudenfreude is the best)

Reaction Score
Yet no scholarship reductions? Utter B.S. if that's the case.

Pretty minor stuff and it seems they self reported and were able to pin most of it on Stallings, who they obviously fired.

Too bad they paid his full buyout.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well, at least they have all those championship trophies and rings for their efforts.

Reaction Score
Is there any doubt that 95% of the Division 1 programs do at least something against the NCAA rules? I have no doubt that if the NCAA wanted to nail a school like Kentucky or Duke they could go snooping around and find major violations. But they don't want to do that so it will continue.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shellfish in Pittsburgh
Is that the fish that saved it?
Gotta ask @storrsroars

Does one pronounce the @ in a haiku? If so, fail.

But yeah, oysters are not what you come to Pittsburgh to eat. There are maybe 2-3 places I'd trust with 'em. And The Original Oyster House ain't one of them.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Does one pronounce the @ in a haiku? If so, fail.

But yeah, oysters are not what you come to Pittsburgh to eat. There are maybe 2-3 places I'd trust with 'em. And The Original Oyster House ain't one of them.
Not the haiku thread
But kudos for observing
Changed "Gotta" to "Let's"

(Visualized wrong
Knew I had to type the @
But not if it shows)

At first, it was weird
You two not using haiku
Forgot where I was

Reaction Score
Doesn’t seem like this will really hurt their recruiting. Having said that, do they share any recruits that we are looking at as well?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom