2021 Recruiting: - Pitt's Xavier Johnson Transferring | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Pitt's Xavier Johnson Transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Kid's a disaster. Basically uncoachable. His entering the portal was under duress as Capel would've suspended him if he stuck around.

Now, if Champagnie entered the portal, we'd have something to talk about...

We don’t have a need for him, but I’ll be curious to see how much of his plateau was on his attitude vs. the Pitt staff/program being a disaster. Wouldn’t stun me to see him go to a high major and thrive away from that dumpster fire

Reaction Score
You guys are crazy. XJ would walk on campus as already the best PG on this team next year.

And I like RJ.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
You guys are crazy. XJ would walk on campus as already the best PG on this team next year.

And I like RJ.
Have you ever watched him play? Or looked at his stats? No, he wouldn't.

Reaction Score
Have you ever watched him play? Or looked at his stats? No, he wouldn't.

As a true freshman in the ACC he averaged 15/5/4 with a 1-1 A/TO. Does he turn it over too much? Yeah. But this kid is a stud.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
As a true freshman in the ACC he averaged 15/5/4 with a 1-1 A/TO. Does he turn it over too much? Yeah. But this kid is a stud.
He's gotten worse. Saw him play in high school as he's from my best friend's area and followed him into college. He's a high volume, below average ball handling PG in a losing program.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think most of us believe Cole can be a nice piece of the rotation as a senior. But the way people forget how poorly he's played in most games this year is surprising.

He was literally benched around 3 games ago.

We have played 5 games since he was benched. Not the largest sample size, but he's averaging 15.6 points in that stretch, with 5.4 assists to 1.8 turnovers, shooting 42% overall and 39% from 3. It looks like he's starting to turn the corner, and while I don't think he's an all-american, I think he can be a good point guard for us if he plays like that moving forward.

Reaction Score
We have played 5 games since he was benched. Not the largest sample size, but he's averaging 15.6 points in that stretch, with 5.4 assists to 1.8 turnovers, shooting 42% overall and 39% from 3. It looks like he's starting to turn the corner, and while I don't think he's an all-american, I think he can be a good point guard for us if he plays like that moving forward.
IF HE PLAYS LIKE THAT GOING FORWARD, then we have an ALL BIG EAST PLAYER.
However, that is a rather BIG IF.
I do hope that you are right though. If he can maintain that level of play and stats while playing team ball then we can be really really dangerous this year and next.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Fwiw Johnson and Cole have almost the same bpm right now.

Neither is a true pg.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I just wanted to say...ouch!

Pitt roster losses over past year:
Hugley: 5.1 ppg (felony arrest)
McGowans: 11.5 ppg (xfer to Nebraska)
Murphy: 3.7 ppg (xfer to Duquense)
Johnson: 14.2 ppg (entered portal)
Toney: 14.4 ppg (entered portal)

That's 49 ppg lost over 11 months. While losing McGowans, Johnson and Toney all hurt, IMO, the biggest whiff was Hugley, a consensus 4-star top 100 center, who turned out to be just another car thief, suggesting Capel didn't do his due diligence on character.

The final 3 games should be interesting viewing. Basically put 4 guys on Champagnie and leave one under the basket. Might see Pitt score fewer than 30, lol.

Reaction Score
We dont need him and I really do not want him. He is so incredibly frustrating to watch because for every one thing he does right, he does two or three ‘wrong’ things. If I was the staff I would just wait for more plentiful transfer options to open up in the spring. I do like Bramah but there are going to be better alternatives. As for Toney, I would have loved him - but he is Providence bound

Reaction Score
We dont need him and I really do not want him. He is so incredibly frustrating to watch because for every one thing he does right, he does two or three ‘wrong’ things. If I was the staff I would just wait for more plentiful transfer options to open up in the spring. I do like Bramah but there are going to be better alternatives. As for Toney, I would have loved him - but he is Providence bound
Where did you see that Toney is providence bound? I only saw that they reached out but haven’t heard much on either player yet.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
This guy seems to be a Pitt insider who has a clue, hint-we know Johnson's connect.

Edit: Unfortunately, he doesn't tell us where he believes Johson's going until 9:50 of a 10 minute clip.

Reaction Score
This guy seems to be a Pitt insider who has a clue, hint-we know Johnson's connect.

Edit: Unfortunately, he doesn't tell us where he believes Johson's going until 9:50 of a 10 minute clip.

Maybe he does follow Kenya, but I would be shocked if that ends up being at Indiana. I just don’t see how Archie Miller and company could possibly get another year. Based on the video I saw of Trayce Jackson Davis (presumably) swearing at the coaching staff on the bench during a close game, it seems like the entire staff has completely lost the team, but with a buyout/contract like Miller has who knows.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I thought
Maybe he does follow Kenya, but I would be shocked if that ends up being at Indiana. I just don’t see how Archie Miller and company could possibly get another year. Based on the video I saw of Trayce Jackson Davis (presumably) swearing at the coaching staff on the bench during a close game, it seems like the entire staff has completely lost the team, but with a buyout/contract like Miller has who knows.
I thought about that. I know things are bad for Miller. Fanbase is down and he's not winning, despite some talent. I'm curious to see what happens to Kenya after that. Truthfully, I was in the camp of hoping he would stay and believing his move to IU was suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom