Pitts BB could be destroyed | The Boneyard

Pitts BB could be destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...-17/move-to-acc-could-destroy-pitt-basketball

I agree with this. They could become another BCU. Since the move to the ACC BCU BB is dead!! Recruiting is horrible. NYC,NJ! Philly kids want to play in the BE. They want to play at MSG. Now Pitts/ Cuse will get to play in the ACC tournament in Greensboro!! Have you ever been to Greensboro? It's 1.5 hours from RDU and Char..
Nothings there. Cuse could also die a slow death if NYC kids no longer want to go to Cuse because they now have to play BB in the South. If the BE survives both Pitt and Cuse BB could be in real trouble in 5-7 years, just ask BCU.

Link corrected below

Reaction Score
The difference is, BC basketball wasn't that good before they moved, and the ACC move didn't make them any better. Pitt is already walking into that conference as a favorite to win it.

Reaction Score
http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...-17/move-to-acc-could-destroy-pitt-basketball

I agree with this. They could become another BCU. Since the move to the ACC BCU BB is dead!! Recruiting is horrible. NYC,NJ! Philly kids want to play in the BE. They want to play at MSG. Now Pitts/ Cuse will get to play in the ACC tournament in Greensboro!! Have you ever been to Greensboro? It's 1.5 hours from RDU and Char..
Nothings there. Cuse could also die a slow death if NYC kids no longer want to go to Cuse because they now have to play BB in the South. If the BE survives both Pitt and Cuse BB could be in real trouble in 5-7 years, just ask BCU.

There will be no BE for them to play in, unless you're saying they'll want to play for teams such as St Johns and Georgetown over UConn and Pitt.

Reaction Score
sorry to be lazy, but when do cuse and pitt enter the ACC? This coming bb season?

Reaction Score

Link corrected below

I'm sure they will upgrade the ACC tourney location. Charlotte, DC, hell - they could even try for NY.

Reaction Score
NYC? Why because it is located so well for the schools in the ACC or because of the huge amount of New York schools now in the ACC? Not gonna happen.

Reaction Score
I don't know about Pitt basketball being destroyed. They'll be fine.

What I'm wondering about is how those down south who don't play defense are going to react to Pitt's aggressive style. That should be cool to watch.

Reaction Score
I don't know about Pitt basketball being destroyed. They'll be fine.

What I'm wondering about is how those down south who don't play defense are going to react to Pitt's aggressive style. That should be cool to watch.

That first Pitt dook matchup will be absolutely unwatchable. It will be a flop and mug fest, can't think of two more contrasting styles of play. I hope they both find a way to walk away with a loss that game

Reaction Score
That first Pitt dook matchup will be absolutely unwatchable. It will be a flop and mug fest, can't think of two more contrasting styles of play. I hope they both find a way to walk away with a loss that game

Good point. Most of Pitt fouls out....

Reaction Score
The difference is, BC basketball wasn't that good before they moved, and the ACC move didn't make them any better. Pitt is already walking into that conference as a favorite to win it.

I think BC was just as good then as Pitt is now. The year they moved in they had 3 nba guys in Smith, Dudley and Williams,
and were coming off a big east regular season championship.

Pitt won't be favorites imo. I think their style of play suits them better in the big east.

I see a similar trajectory as BC. They'll be top 6 or so, but I doubt they'll compete with UNC and Duke for the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom