Pitt suing BE to leave in 2013 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pitt suing BE to leave in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Carl believes that since several officers who are serving tours at the Naval Academy have background in intelligence and national defense that they will bring that experience to everyone in the Big East.

Osmosis?

Not osmosis, and by no means am I suggesting that DOD resources are being used for the Big East. Just keep in mind that among the leadership of this conference right now, sits the leadership of the United States Naval Academy. I'm saying that I believe that we have a member of the leadership group in this conference, who's knowledge, and advice, when it comes to the control, flow and use of information, is invaluable, and very powerful, if the other members of that group, listen, and establish a chain of command, the big east is going to be a formidable organization in business dealings.

I have no idea what kind of influence, if any, has been there since January among the league presidents, and conference office, but I sense some things, in the way things have changed in the big east in the past few weeks simply around the way information seems to be flowing.

here's a little history lesson. Intelligence has always been a big part of the military, and the navy has lead the way since the 1800s. In the past decade, it's importance - the security and flow of info, has become priority #1.

In 1999, after the chinese embassy in Belgrade was hit by U.S. forces during that conflict in Yugoslavia, a chinese text was made public through the CIA media services. It was obtained out of china via military intelligence services earlier....written by two very well respected Chinese military men, that the Navy has poured over, as well as every other branch of DOD in the years since it was found, and it had to do entirely with information warfare. Title translates from Chinese to english as: Unrestricted warfare. It's all about information and intelligence warfare to break down the internal workings of the United States, without firing a single conventional weapon.

It was written after the first Persian Gulf war, during which the current superintendant of the Naval Academy was an air operations officer, after having risen up through the chain as a naval aviator in the 80s...in one of the carrier groups during that first gulf war, if I'm not mistaken......and returned as a fleet officer the second time BTW.

THe Chinese watched the U.S. armed forces, spearheaded by the carrier groups, obliterate what at the time, was one of the largest and most powerful conventional military forces in the world in Iraq - in a matter of days......they knew that the conventional military model against the U.S. was useless. THey went to the drawing board.

THat text was uncovered in China, and then made public by the CIA in 1999 after the Chinese made a stink about Belgrade.....and the entire DOD.....has been influenced dramatically by it. THe flow and security of information in the global information network, is priority #1 for the military these days.

THat text was written y chinese military strategists, in response to what they saw in the gulf war, and like von Clausewitz in the 1800s, it revolutionized military thinking, and unfortunately, it has essentially the blue print for operation for any terrorist organization of any size.

Anyway, the superintendant at the Naval Academy worked his way up the ranks as a naval aviator through all of this time, and has been a security advisor to the President of the United States, and commanded aircraft carrier strike groups in that western Pacific region.

This is a guy that we've got to lean on in the big east leadership, when it comes to strategy for success of the conference in business dealings when it comes to how business and information will be handled. He's not involved in combat exercises anymore, but I can tell you for absolute certainty, the Naval Academy takes their football seriously, and the success of that program is important to them, and the Big East in the future, appears to be part of their plans for success.....

It's not about winning national championships, heisman's, although they've competed and done that in the past, it's about training the next generation of people that will defend this country and doing it with the lessons learned through sport.

Anyway - I think we're in good hands, and I think that the people that have run college football for so long, have no idea what they're going to be dealing with when it comes to leadership in the future of the big east.

For any history buffs - here's a link to some of the text. Scary shiite.

http://www.unec.net/of_interest/countries_against_us/Unrestricted_Warfare/unrestricted.pdf

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The WVU insider, who has been nailing it from the beginning, said that today FSU referenced a financial analysis the ACC had done on expansion that cited WVU, Louisville and UConn all as more valuable to the ACC than Pitt and Syracuse. FSU is apparently really pissed about the TV contract and at Swofford.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The WVU insider, who has been nailing it from the beginning, said that today FSU referenced a financial analysis the ACC had done on expansion that cited WVU, Louisville and UConn all as more valuable to the ACC than Pitt and Syracuse. FSU is apparently really pissed about the TV contract and at Swofford.

I can believe that. Any two of those three would have been better from a football/hoops standpoint.

Reaction Score
Well done, Carl.

It's all about the Duty of doing what's right.

The United States Naval Academy will show the Big East and the entire nation what right looks like.

I still find it hard to believe they joined a conference.

Reaction Score
Not osmosis, and by no means am I suggesting that DOD resources are being used for the Big East. Just keep in mind that among the leadership of this conference right now, sits the leadership of the United States Naval Academy. I'm saying that I believe that we have a member of the leadership group in this conference, who's knowledge, and advice, when it comes to the control, flow and use of information, is invaluable, and very powerful, if the other members of that group, listen, and establish a chain of command, the big east is going to be a formidable organization in business dealings.

I have no idea what kind of influence, if any, has been there since January among the league presidents, and conference office, but I sense some things, in the way things have changed in the big east in the past few weeks simply around the way information seems to be flowing.

here's a little history lesson. Intelligence has always been a big part of the military, and the navy has lead the way since the 1800s. In the past decade, it's importance - the security and flow of info, has become priority #1.

In 1999, after the chinese embassy in Belgrade was hit by U.S. forces during that conflict in Yugoslavia, a chinese text was made public through the CIA media services. It was obtained out of china via military intelligence services earlier....written by two very well respected Chinese military men, that the Navy has poured over, as well as every other branch of DOD in the years since it was found, and it had to do entirely with information warfare. Title translates from Chinese to english as: Unrestricted warfare. It's all about information and intelligence warfare to break down the internal workings of the United States, without firing a single conventional weapon.

It was written after the first Persian Gulf war, during which the current superintendant of the Naval Academy was an air operations officer, after having risen up through the chain as a naval aviator in the 80s...in one of the carrier groups during that first gulf war, if I'm not mistaken......and returned as a fleet officer the second time BTW.

THe Chinese watched the U.S. armed forces, spearheaded by the carrier groups, obliterate what at the time, was one of the largest and most powerful conventional military forces in the world in Iraq - in a matter of days......they knew that the conventional military model against the U.S. was useless. THey went to the drawing board.

THat text was uncovered in China, and then made public by the CIA in 1999 after the Chinese made a stink about Belgrade.....and the entire DOD.....has been influenced dramatically by it. THe flow and security of information in the global information network, is priority #1 for the military these days.

THat text was written y chinese military strategists, in response to what they saw in the gulf war, and like von Clausewitz in the 1800s, it revolutionized military thinking, and unfortunately, it has essentially the blue print for operation for any terrorist organization of any size.

Anyway, the superintendant at the Naval Academy worked his way up the ranks as a naval aviator through all of this time, and has been a security advisor to the President of the United States, and commanded aircraft carrier strike groups in that western Pacific region.

This is a guy that we've got to lean on in the big east leadership, when it comes to strategy for success of the conference in business dealings when it comes to how business and information will be handled. He's not involved in combat exercises anymore, but I can tell you for absolute certainty, the Naval Academy takes their football seriously, and the success of that program is important to them, and the Big East in the future, appears to be part of their plans for success.....

It's not about winning national championships, heisman's, although they've competed and done that in the past, it's about training the next generation of people that will defend this country and doing it with the lessons learned through sport.

Anyway - I think we're in good hands, and I think that the people that have run college football for so long, have no idea what they're going to be dealing with when it comes to leadership in the future of the big east.

For any history buffs - here's a link to some of the text. Scary shiite.

http://www.unec.net/of_interest/countries_against_us/Unrestricted_Warfare/unrestricted.pdf

You have a funny way of going dark.

Reaction Score
You'd miss me too much, and I can't trust these kids these days. LOL, and god forbid some rumor get started that DOD resources are being used by the Big East. Needed to nip that.

So let me say again, I'm an internet message board poster, with a theory that the president of the USNA, with his experience in handling information flow, is probably having some kind of influence on meetings with the Big East leadership. That's all.

You know, since it's the offseason and we're all just bullsh*tting anyway, these new international airport security measures that are being designed for passports, and linking physical characteristics and stuff to paper with these new biometric passports are a major issue for the other kind of security people. What's a definite improvement for the common good when it comes to border security around the globe, is a pretty big problem for the spooks of the world. You cross a border one time with these new measures, and you can never cross another border again with a different identity. Back to the days of packing up and hoofing it through the woods.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You have a funny way of going dark.
I made it all the way till the line about the chinese embassy in Belgrade before I literally LOL'd at the absurdity. Then I realized Carl was trying to make a serious point.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I made it all the way till the line about the chinese embassy in Belgrade before I literally LOL'd at the absurdity. Then I realized Carl was trying to make a serious point.

I seriously considered quoting it and then for my response just writing the following:

"L.
O.
L."

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
What board/thread? That must be a good read.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Can we get an IP address check on uptop and spackler? Or a DNA test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom