Pitt Selling T-Shirts Commemorating Win Over UCF | The Boneyard

Pitt Selling T-Shirts Commemorating Win Over UCF

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
More of a dig at the “Philly Special” than celebrating the win over UCF.

Reaction Score
The only thing dumber than the shirt is the idiot who buys it.
Unless it is for charity.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I agree that it is stupid. Just like the Syracuse-25-0-best-start-in-program-history shirts, or Kentucky's 31-0 shirt. Especially when neither program won the title. It's a regular season game. It was not a one-off neutral site event. It was not a rivalry game (Who is Pitt's rival anyway?).

The problem I see with UConn fans' criticism, however, is a very similar situation when They beat a turns-out-they-weren't-all-that-good Notre Dame team in 2009.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I agree that it is stupid. Just like the Syracuse-25-0-best-start-in-program-history shirts, or Kentucky's 31-0 shirt. Especially when neither program won the title. It's a regular season game. It was not a one-off neutral site event. It was not a rivalry game (Who is Pitt's rival anyway?).

The problem I see with UConn fans' criticism, however, is a very similar situation when They beat a turns-out-they-weren't-all-that-good Notre Dame team in 2009.
11D860C6-6351-4F1C-89EB-3BA68C667A3D.jpeg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm OK with this. They're celebrating the play that was all over social media and the news. I did not see that play, but why not capitalize. Strike while the iron is hot and have some fun with it.
Our AD could use some creative strategies. Maybe next time we beat an FBS school we can make a shirt celebrating the 2 years we've gone without one (Last win was Tulsa on 8/21/2017).

Reaction Score
Just looking for any reason to drum up some excitement for the program and market it and beating UCF is as god as any. I wouldn't go near that shirt, never mind buy it, but don't really see the issue. I don't like Pitt, or Cuse, but that is literally one of the last reasons I use to not like them, there are so many other, much larger reasons.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I still have my t-shirt commemorating our win over Notre Dame.

Pitt is a legit team this year, they gave Penn State a scare at Penn State (they should have tied or beaten them), and another loss to a very good Virginia team.

Reaction Score
Why should anyone care whether someone associated with Pitt sells a t-shirt about this game? This seems to be about little more than "That game doesn't deserve a t-shirt". Some people think otherwise. They will buy it. You won't. Why does that difference matter?

Reaction Score
Mark Whipple is the Pitt OC and called the play. We had Joe Moorhead and Whipple was the other choice and we went with PP. Have not recovered. End of dead horse Tuesday informational. Edsall when he goes has to be replaced by a good OC.

Reaction Score
I still have my t-shirt commemorating our win over Notre Dame.

Pitt is a legit team this year, they gave Penn State a scare at Penn State (they should have tied or beaten them), and another loss to a very good Virginia team.
That was a worthy win, at their house, and their refs.

Reaction Score

Pitts rival is West Virginia backyard brawl

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Yeah. Morgantown and Pittsburgh are 50 miles apart as the crow flies.

I work at Pitt and wear UConn attire regularly. The only thing I’ve ever been told is “as long as it’s not Penn State, you’re fine”

WVU is more of an equal rivalry, but never let a Pitt fan tell you they don’t have a serious “little brother” complex regarding PSU. They wanted that game to even up the recent series BADLY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom