Pitt is playing like an ACC team already | The Boneyard

Pitt is playing like an ACC team already

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Actually Pitt has been awful ever since Zellous graduated. IMO, Pitt has the worst situation in the BE at the moment. Providence has been playing better, Donovan has Seton Hall playing much better and you have to believe Jamelle will succeed at Cincinnati. Only Syracuse is potentially as bad as Pitt, but I think Hillsman is effective, just not particularly likable for some.

Reaction Score
"We have the youngest team in the nation," Panthers coach Agnus Berenato said. "I would rather have my kids lose like this when Notre Dame plays basketball the way the game is supposed to be played with the passing and cutting, than to lose to a team that plays above the rim. I tried to get my players not to be star struck, but it is just a matter of confidence."

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Yeah, well, Agnus is a very likable, optimistic person. Maybe they miss the toughness of Shea too much, and Agnus should find a really good assistant to light a fire under the players, because they have not been competitive for several years now so the young team excuse does not hold up IMO.

Reaction Score
I too like the coach. I'm curious to see how the 11 freshmen and sophomores develop over the next 2 years. May they improve tremendously.

Reaction Score
Just a little bit of bad blood between Pitt/Cuse and the remaining Big East teams...though one would imagine UConn would have accepted an ACC invite in a heartbeat had it received one.
Well stated.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just a little bit of bad blood between Pitt/Cuse and the remaining Big East teams...though one would imagine UConn would have accepted an ACC invite in a heartbeat had it received one.

Understood. So do you think the better BE teams will try to run up the score on these two schools... and WVU... if they get a chance?? Thats probably would be more likely in football or possibly men's basketball.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Understood. So do you think the better BE teams will try to run up the score on these two schools... and WVU... if they get a chance?? Thats probably would be more likely in football or possibly men's basketball.
Won't happen. Cuse and Pitt are so bad this year anyway so why run up the score? And Mike Carey the WVU coach is widely respected, so it won't happen there either. The BE coaches understand that women's basketball is not even contributing to these decisions.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Won't happen. Cuse and Pitt are so bad this year anyway so why run up the score? And Mike Carey the WVU coach is widely respected, so it won't happen there either. The BE coaches understand that women's basketball is not even contributing to these decisions.
Agreed. This was CFB-driven. May be some bad blood in the MBB rivalries just because bragging rights for the foreseeable future are at stake. But UConn kicking Pitt and Cuse's butt in WBB is just par for the course.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
On the football board there is resentment towards WV for trying to forgo their obligation of 27 months to the BE which would essentially make the BE football conference non existent.

On the men's bb and football board the resentment to Pitt is the result of the Pitt president chairing the committee that turned down an ESPN offer to increase the monies the league would have earned insisting the league hold out for a better contract, and then in less than six months sabotaging the same league in an action that jeopardized the league from even getting the lowball ESPN offer.

Not much resentment to Cuse which has not had much under handedness in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom