Pitt in serious trouble | The Boneyard

Pitt in serious trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Down 41-26 to Rutgers at home with under 12 to go. It doesn't get easier for them either. In the next two weeks they have Marquette, Syracuse, Louisville and Georgetown.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I bet Ashton Gibbs is kicking himself for not turning pro. What a train wreck.

Reaction Score
No they're not in trouble any more, down by 20 with 4min left because trouble means they can comeback and that's no longer the case. The PItt fans seem frozen in their seats, like you could smack them upside the head with no response. Sad, but Rutgers is pretty good I guess.

Reaction Score
We might as well pin this thread title to the top of the board. Seems to be needed at least once a week.

Serves 'em right, the traitorous dogs.

Reaction Score
Pitt put up 39. Even title-game Butler would have squeaked out the win tonight

Reaction Score
Pitt's next 3 games are: @MU, @SU and Lville. They may very well start conference play 0-7.

H

huskymagic

I bet Ashton Gibbs is kicking himself for not turning pro. What a train wreck.

No way Gibbs makes it to the NBA. He is similar to Ben Hansborough very good college players but never can be NBA players. Too slow and unathletic to be a point guard, and too small to be a 2 guard.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
The two golden boys Dixon and Wright have really taken a hit this season. Pitt has been the best BE team in the regular season in recent years. How did they get to this position so quickly? And yes, Pitt will be 0-7 after their next three games. Too bad every team gets in to the BE tourney now. I would've loved to see them sit it out this year.

Reaction Score
Is anybody else somewhat excited about March 3, 2012, which is the date on which we get to take that little ACC bitch behind the woodshed and have our turn with her?

Reaction Score
No way Gibbs makes it to the NBA. He is similar to Ben Hansborough very good college players but never can be NBA players. Too slow and unathletic to be a point guard, and too small to be a 2 guard.

Gibbs is not an NBA player for the same reason Rashad Anderson wasn't - having a phenomenal shot just isn't enough, by itself. That simple. Other than the best shot, maybe, in the college game, Gibbs has a limited handle, limited athleticism, and so on.

It's the awesome Hersey Hawkins quote about his first year in the NBA. Something along the lines of, "I was shocked at how hard I had to work on defense - in college, I got my 25-30 a game and typically could take it easy on defense."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Is anybody else somewhat excited about March 3, 2012, which is the date on which we get to take that little ACC bitch behind the woodshed and have our turn with her?
yes but somehow i always worry the entire team will have a career night vs. UCONN. having said that, it's not just us. PC had their way with L'ville the other day. still, i look forward to hopefully thrashing them... we could use a couple good blowouts in BE play. i think as our team comes more and more together we will. we just need to get some things tightened up...

Reaction Score
Should be noted that Benedict Arnold's military career similarly declined after becoming a traitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom