PITT going down in flames! | The Boneyard

PITT going down in flames!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Didn't look at the boxscore but all Gibbs did was shoot threes. Nasir is a beast. I like him as a player.

Reaction Score
Long Beach State's point guard was the best player on the floor and it wasn't even close, love watching Pitt lose.

Reaction Score
Didn't look at the boxscore but all Gibbs did was shoot threes. Nasir is a beast. I like him as a player.
Gibbs - 4 for 9 from 3, 4 for 12 from 2, 2 boards, 4 assists, a steal, no TOs.
He did his part.

Reaction Score
I loved Long Beach's lack of celebration after the game. Just casually shaking hands and heading off the court.. you would think they were the team favored by 14.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I guessed Pitt to the ACC would hurt their basketball program. I just didn't think it would happen this quickly. Who knew?

Reaction Score
I guessed Pitt to the ACC would hurt their basketball program. I just didn't think it would happen this quickly. Who knew?
Nice. Maybe we can call it the curse of the ACC.
It would be a trip to see Syr. and Pitt both go down in flames before getting off the BE runway.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Bridgeport, CT ( Kolbe Cathedral ) product TJ Robinson shine a little for LBSU last nite as well...

Reaction Score
I can see some good here: Pitt can lose a few more, enter the tourney as an 8 or 9 seed, then draw UNC, Duke, or UK in the 2nd round and, if not pull an upset (since Pitt can't do anything as a high seed), at least turn those teams into men.

Reaction Score
From what I saw of the game they looked pretty soft for a pitt team. Gibbs was better then good and N Robinson is a mini beast. The one thing that stood out was that all these AA "program maker" type players they had coming in this year look pretty awful at this point. I am sure they can get better but they had non of the toughness you expect from a pitt player. On D it looked like pitt did not play much D and conversely was trying the cub the other team like baby seals.

Note to pitt- clubbing the other teams players like you are trying to steal their wallet will not work in the ACC. They might want to work on that over the next year or so before they leave on their journey to mediocracy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i certainly enjoyed seeing that. as one poster pointed out before the game, LBSU was a better team than the -14 odds on Pitt before the start. i read the quotes from the LBSU players and they all said they fully expected to win. i'm not sure if that was bravado (like Maine players saying they expect to beat UCONN tonite), or if their team really is that good. still, great win for them against the current #9 team in the nation...

Reaction Score
From what I saw of the game they looked pretty soft for a pitt team. Gibbs was better then good and N Robinson is a mini beast. The one thing that stood out was that all these AA "program maker" type players they had coming in this year look pretty awful at this point. I am sure they can get better but they had non of the toughness you expect from a pitt player. On D it looked like pitt did not play much D and conversely was trying the cub the other team like baby seals.

Note to pitt- clubbing the other teams players like you are trying to steal their wallet will not work in the ACC. They might want to work on that over the next year or so before they leave on their journey to mediocracy.

Yes, I agree that they don't seem like vintage Pitt. Gibbs has always been a finesse player, and their bigs, Taylor (sorta out of it) and Birch (too lean) don't really have that toughness. I couldn't get a read on their new guys, but none seemed that impressive.

I think the guys who graduated are big losses. Wannamaker was one tough dude (those mustangs sure are tough) and McGhee, when on his feet, was just a load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom