Pitt Bounced From NIT by GW | The Boneyard

Pitt Bounced From NIT by GW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Before about 3000 at home. They beat ND during the season, looked like they did not want to be there.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I sorta feel bad for them. The local Pittsburgh media all but ignored this game, but were interviewing the HC of whoever the hell RMU is playing tomorrow, and there's been lots of RMU coverage in general.

Dixon's not going anywhere in the short term, but if Antigua gets USF to the Dance in next couple of years, it's all but assured Pitt will come calling.

Reaction Score
Before about 3000 at home. They beat ND during the season, looked like they did not want to be there.
If you caught a Pitt fan in an honest mood, you think they'd be raving about how great the ACC is?

Reaction Score
If you caught a Pitt fan in an honest mood, you think they'd be raving about how great the ACC is?
They're raving, raving mad on their board. Unhappy with the way they finished but I'm quite sure they would not trade places with us from this point forward.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

Nobody wants to be associated with the NIT, unless your a mid major.... Curious to see if tomorrow looks like much of the same for us.... Especially if there's no boat in the water

Reaction Score
That's probably true, but I wouldn't trade our past for their future.
Huh? The past is just that, THE PAST. We need to prove that we have a future and that we will survive. Next year should gie us an indication

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
That's probably true, but I wouldn't trade our past for their future.
Somewhere the University of SanFrancisco is singing the same tune....

Reaction Score
Somewhere the University of SanFrancisco is singing the same tune....
They might. And then we can laugh that both their titles came with one star player, rather than 4 different ones.

The situation isn't quite analogous, even if the Dons are perhaps a cautionary tale.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
They might. And then we can laugh that both their titles came with one star player, rather than 4 different ones.

The situation isn't quite analogous, even if the Dons are perhaps a cautionary tale.
Ya it was a reach.... but a "cautionary tale" nonetheless

Reaction Score
Pitt fans will never be mad about the way things worked out, because their primary focus is football.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
A weird but entertaining game. Pitt couldn't hit free throws and made a lot of turnovers by Pitt standards, and GW had some frigid spells on offense.

Reaction Score
I know a few. They know what the alternative is.

Really, they are ready to move on from Jamie Dixon.

I have a very good friend whose a Pitt fan. He misses the Big East to death and would take it back in a nanosecond. But between taking the ACC invitation or letting us get one, what is he supposed to want?

Reaction Score
Huh? The past is just that, THE PAST. We need to prove that we have a future and that we will survive. Next year should gie us an indication
The team that really could benifit from the NIT is Tulsa
Their entire starting five returns , some played in the NCAA last year.
They could be tough next year.,the NIT could be a stepping stone .

Reaction Score
Why should the NIT be any different than the NCAA? Once again, Pitt checks out well before their seeding said they should. Does Dixon get to keep his job for continued mediocrity??

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Why should the NIT be any different than the NCAA? Once again, Pitt checks out well before their seeding said they should. Does Dixon get to keep his job for continued mediocrity??
really? you can't think of any reasons?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
really? you can't think of any reasons?

You think you are too good for the NIT. We all get it. We don't need 10 more posts about it.

By the way, how many Sweet 16's did you reach? And by "you", I mean you, and not whatever bandwagon you happened to be on at the time.

Reactions: caw

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Did you intentionally ignore what he meant or accidentally?
Ha, accidentally, good call caw!..... I understand now, my bad

Pitt underperforming whether it's the NIT or NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member