Pitino's Quote on Masiello | The Boneyard

Pitino's Quote on Masiello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This quote doesn't make any sense as he only coached Masiello for 1 year at Kentucky.

"If it's accurate, I'm shocked by it," said Pitino, whose team beat Manhattan in the second round of the NCAA tournament last week. "I had no idea. I left the previous year, and he was on track to graduate."

Reaction Score
Well, first of all, what else is he going to say except that he's shocked. And the tidbit about him being on track at the time he left just clarifies that he didn't see him as someone struggling, needing to falsify it.

Reaction Score
Well, first of all, what else is he going to say except that he's shocked. And the tidbit about him being on track at the time he left just clarifies that he didn't see him as someone struggling, needing to falsify it.

He coached him freshman year. How would he know how he did his next three years and why did he say he left Kentucky "the previous year" which I assume he means the year before he graduated.

Reaction Score
I assumed that previous year meant junior year. Either way, unless you're trying to suggest that Pitino knew something, I don't really see why it matters.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
You would think that when Pitino hired Masiello as his assistant, he would have checked that degree. Sounds like he took his word for it. What do I know, maybe everybody does that for assistant coaches... ? Definitely not for head coaches though.

Reaction Score
Does this mean that L'ville is forfeiting the three games they won against us this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom