Pitino Predicts Transfer Portal Chaos | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pitino Predicts Transfer Portal Chaos

Reaction Score
Maybe at the time. This is just me, but there’s not many players that I feel like are worth watching. Would honestly rather watch Caitlin Clark and Juju Watkins than anybody in the men’s game this year. But again, that’s just me.
The best player on the #4 team in the country averaging over 20 points per game. Dropped 39 earlier this week in a matchup against a top 12 team with a top 5 defense. Vecenie has him projected in the NBA draft top 10. He's a very likely 1st team All-American.

Reaction Score
Maybe at the time. This is just me, but there’s not many players that I feel like are worth watching. Would honestly rather watch Caitlin Clark and Juju Watkins than anybody in the men’s game this year. But again, that’s just me.
Which is a fine opinion, to each their own. But if that's the case then I think it's probably time to stop talking in absolutes about the state of the men's basketball game that you don't even follow

Reaction Score
Explains a lot

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
His entire St John's team is going to enter the portal
His team is going to the NCAA tournament. Their next three games are playing Georgetown, DePaul, and one of those two in the first round of the BET. That gets them to 20 wins. They are in.

Reaction Score
His team is going to the NCAA tournament. Their next three games are playing Georgetown, DePaul, and one of those two in the first round of the BET. That gets them to 20 wins. They are in.
20 wins when 5 of them are GTown/DePaul isn't what it used to be. They need another scalp.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
20 wins when 5 of them are GTown/DePaul isn't what it used to be. They need another scalp.
When you look at their resume as a whole, they would have 20 wins and be 11-9 in a top four conference. Big East teams with 20 wins on Selection Sunday almost never get left out. They aren't getting left out if they lose to Creighton or Marquette in the BET quarters.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Which is a fine opinion, to each their own. But if that's the case then I think it's probably time to stop talking in absolutes about the state of the men's basketball game that you don't even follow
I have a friend who’s job it is to identify talent to work with and he’s not interested in going to the Final Four because he feels like there’s no one worth checking out.

My opinion isn’t fact, but it’s not a lonely one either. A guy like Dalton being an AA and a guy that’s suppose to be make casual people want to watch cbb is exactly the problem.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Guy who doesn't watch men's college basketball is constantly lecturing the board on men's college basketball.

Reaction Score
When you look at their resume as a whole, they would have 20 wins and be 11-9 in a top four conference. Big East teams with 20 wins on Selection Sunday almost never get left out. They aren't getting left out if they lose to Creighton or Marquette in the BET quarters.
But again, 5 of those 12 wins (11+1 BET) will be GTown/DePaul.

That's a recipe for the "almost never" to apply, because the Big East has not had 2 schools below 150 in KenPom since 2016 (nor 1 below 300 ever).

Do you know what happened in 2016, the last time the Big East had 2 schools ranked sub 150 KenPom?

The Big East had 2 schools with 20 wins miss the NCAA tournament. 1 of them even missed the NIT. Despite 20 wins. KenPom considered the Big East a top 3 conference that year, as well. Got two 2-seeds in the NCAA tournament.

Counting wins is less valuable when the wins are deflated in value.

Reaction Score
I have a friend who’s job it is to identify talent to work with and he’s not interested in going to the Final Four because he feels like there’s no one worth checking out.

My opinion isn’t fact, but it’s not a lonely one either. A guy like Dalton being an AA and a guy that’s suppose to be make casual people want to watch cbb is exactly the problem.
Then your friend's opinion is worth as much as yours on college basketball, nothing

Reaction Score
I like how Pitino is "discovering" the changes in college basketball as if they just happened and he climbed out of a cave this morning after breakfast.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Why not just sign the players to contracts? The schools are paying the players.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Then your friend's opinion is worth as much as yours on college basketball, nothing
I mean, if I told you what exactly he does and where he’s worked for you’d sound pretty ridiculous to say his opinion on talent is worth nothing. It’s quite literally worth the opposite.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People have been knocking college basketball's star-making ability for years. And there's some truth. It's not like Luka or Wemby got famous in the Final Four like old-time stars did.
It hasn't affected the popularity, though. Maybe it will, but it's been predicted for a long time.

Reaction Score
Only names I’m familiar with are the UConn ones, Dickinson, Love, and Ingram. If those names are the ones the sport is suppose to be selling itself on then it’s not in a good place.

Incredible. You are one of the most opinionated posters on the board and simultaneously the most ignorant poster on the board. You don’t need to have an opinion on something that you admittedly do not even follow.

Reaction Score
People have been knocking college basketball's star-making ability for years. And there's some truth. It's not like Luka or Wemby got famous in the Final Four like old-time stars did.
It hasn't affected the popularity, though. Maybe it will, but it's been predicted for a long time.
Most off that comes from the lack of
“generational “American players over the past
7-8 years
Embid luka joker wemby
All intl players
If you look at the number of Canadian players from greater Toronto in the league(I believe it’s 25)
You could make the case that per capita. Toronto
Has most players in nba and one of the best in
Sh alexander
Adam silver alluded to the lack of certain
Skills in college players entering the draft

All that being said cooper Flagg AJ Dybantsa
And Cameron boozer have a chance to change
The trend and one or more may have an
MVP type career in the league

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Incredible. You are one of the most opinionated posters on the board and simultaneously the most ignorant poster on the board. You don’t need to have an opinion on something that you admittedly do not even follow.
This kind of lazy comment is so tiring. If it was worth watching, I’d watch it. There’s nobody in college hoops that’s worth watching over the likes of Luka, Wemby, Bron, etc. for me this year. It’s simple as that.

The projected All American list this year is a who’s who of “Who are these people”.

You know who it was 10 years ago?

Shabazz Napier
Russ Smith
Jabari Parker
Doug McDermott
Nick Johnson

For poops and giggles the 2nd team was

Andrew Wiggins
CJ Fair
Nik Staukus
TJ Warren
And more

Genuinely fun and exciting players to watch. I’d rather watch the guys on this second team list over anyone on the first team list this year.

How is only 1 guy who is a projected All American a projected 1st round pick? And most mocks don’t even have him in the lottery.

Last edited:

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The best player on the #4 team in the country averaging over 20 points per game. Dropped 39 earlier this week in a matchup against a top 12 team with a top 5 defense. Vecenie has him projected in the NBA draft top 10. He's a very likely 1st team All-American.

6-6 guard who rebounds like Newton. Kind of nightmarish dominance like Newton too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom