Pitino’s Revenge ? | The Boneyard

Pitino’s Revenge ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Part of Pitino’s revenge, refusing the NIT bid? Butler was getting revenues hosting the NIT and Butler’s retiring AD,who was appointed by Val Ackerman as the Big East Representative to the Selection Committee, slept walk through the selection process and as a result Big East teams were harmed.
IMG_5352.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
uhhhh you don't get a say on teams from your own conference.
Wake up - there’s a reason why the major conferences all want to be represented on the Selection Committee. While you don’t specifically vote on your own conference team, you can focus on the committee using criteria that will help your teams. This isn’t that difficult. For example, ask the question do we have all 2 seeds in reverse power order of one seeds? How many major conference tournament champs do we have in each bracket? 4 of the 6 were in the East! Then do we have teams in top 50 in the indexes we say we are using not in the tournament? St John was #32 in a major index.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BE and UConn getting screwed shows the ineptitude of the BE rep. UVA gets in, MWC gets double the bids of the BE and UConn plays not 1 not 2 but 3 power conf champs. It’s nuts.

Face it, the NCAA which ruled with impunity for years is now terrified of its members in the power conf

Ncaa gets no money from FB playoff…remind me why they should get any March Madness revenue? It’s been proven you can have a playoff without them

Reaction Score
BE and UConn getting screwed shows the ineptitude of the BE rep. UVA gets in, MWC gets double the bids of the BE and UConn plays not 1 not 2 but 3 power conf champs. It’s nuts.

Face it, the NCAA which ruled with impunity for years is now terrified of its members in the power conf

Ncaa gets no money from FB playoff…remind me why they should get any March Madness revenue? It’s been proven you can have a playoff without them

This is one of biggest reasons why UConn is not in a power conference. If the schools kept 100% of the ncaa tournament revenue, as opposed to the 30% they collect now (70% is kept by the NCAA), UConn would be in a power league.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If you don't think that these people don't say to each other - help my teams and I'll help yours -
Perhaps Val and uh-no lost that concept

Reaction Score
Yes, but you can shiv the poor schmucks who voted against you when you're back in the room.

I've been on selection committees where we took a watch what you say approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom