Pistons waive Thabeet | The Boneyard

Pistons waive Thabeet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dude just didn't pan out at the highest level. It happens.

I was very surprised when Memphis took him #2 overall. He was coming off a great season and 7'3" guys don't grow on trees, but taking a raw player top-5 is something you just can't do. That's on the Grizzlies, not Hasheem.

Reaction Score

I was very surprised when Memphis took him #2 overall. He was coming off a great season and 7'3" guys don't grow on trees, but taking a raw player top-5 is something you just can't do. That's on the Grizzlies, not Hasheem.
Wasn't that the same year Toronto took Bargnani number one? I thought Calhoun was promoting Sheem for #1 overall.

Reaction Score
Wasn't that the same year Toronto took Bargnani number one? I thought Calhoun was promoting Sheem for #1 overall.

3 years apart, Blake Griffin went #1 in Hasheem's draft class. Never understood why the Grizzlies took him when they already had Gasol and Gasol was clearly better.

Reaction Score
It was a value move, but by throwing him on the bench right away, they likely cost him a lot of his development. It doesn't look like he worked too hard once he got his money, either. It's too bad.

Reaction Score
OKC was planning to take Thabeet at #3 but with Memphis taking him at #2 they settled on Harden

Reaction Score

Its not a popular thing to say but i was just never a big fan of Thabeet and fully expected his NBA career to play out pretty much as it has. I was completely :confused: when he went #2 in the draft. I figured best case scenario HT would be a decent back up center but thats about it. Unfortunate how it turned out for him and i wish him the best.

Reaction Score
the beet at least always led the big east at mopping the floor with his keester

did he lead the nba in that category too

i dont follow the pro game; its just about individual salaries and not team and no love of the game or students of game ( i forgot its made up of guys who werent really students ever)

Reaction Score
He's got another year of eligibility, right!? Graduate school... Sarcasm implied.
Since he rarely ever got to play ,if we put his earnings in a blind trust he could be good to go for 2014-15. I'm sure the NCAA would't have a problem.The question is could he make the team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom