Pistons likely to waive Kemba | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pistons likely to waive Kemba

Reaction Score
You realize he got starter minutes in preseason and is going to be in the Hawks rotation right? It's not like he barely scratched by onto the roster and will be the 13th man.

Martin strikes me as a guy who will have a decade-long career being a 8th or 9th-man. He's got decent enough size/athleticism/shooting to be someone you can plug into different matchups and hold the fort down while the starters rest pretty well. His ceiling is very limited, but he isn't a guy that makes a ton of mistakes either. Similar career to (shudders) Ollie, possibly.

Reaction Score
Not a single starter in the league. I remember a time when only Kentucky and Duke had more players in the league. What was it like 14 players a decade ago?

We're probably never going to reach 14 players again. Too many guys going G-league and international players filling up roster spots.

UNC has 11, Duke has 19, Kentucky has 25, Kansas has 9, Nova has 10. And most of those guys aren't even very good.

I think if we can have 8+ guys in the league within the next 5 years, we would be very lucky. Sounds crazy, but of the 4 currently in the league, I'm thinking Rese has the best shot of being there. Castle is probably our best bet for a true NBA starter coming into the program. I can't imagine Sanogo/Jackson/Hawkins being starting caliber players, but I do think they all stand a chance of sticking around in the league.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Martin strikes me as a guy who will have a decade-long career being a 8th or 9th-man. He's got decent enough size/athleticism/shooting to be someone you can plug into different matchups and hold the fort down while the starters rest pretty well. His ceiling is very limited, but he isn't a guy that makes a ton of mistakes either. Similar career to (shudders) Ollie, possibly.
Agreed. Think he's one of those guys that's gonna be a role player. Do his job, do it relatively mistake free, and be a solid presence off the bench. One of those guys the old heads call a "professional"

Reaction Score
You realize he got starter minutes in preseason and is going to be in the Hawks rotation right? It's not like he barely scratched by onto the roster and will be the 13th man.
I’m a big fan and supporter of Tyrese. We have no idea if he will be part of their rotation or not. Second round picks usually go back and forth to the g-league or at best go in and out of the rotation. It’s a long season. If he really is in the rotation on a potential top 6 seed in the east that would be super impressive

Reaction Score
Yes. He’s done a great job. Before 2022 he was never projected as an nba prospect by anyone
I certainly always thought he had a solid shot at an NBA career.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I’m a big fan and supporter of Tyrese. We have no idea if he will be part of their rotation or not. Second round picks usually go back and forth to the g-league or at best go in and out of the rotation. It’s a long season. If he really is in the rotation on a potential top 6 seed in the east that would be super impressive
I mean, we do have an idea though. If you watched their pre season games they played their normal rotation minutes and Tyrese played a good amount of minutes.

Reaction Score
Bouk, Drummond, Gay and Martin
Is Lamb done? You would think he might have some value as a shooter off the bench.

The injury bug really got the best of him last few years. He had some solid years though, particulary in Charlotte with Kemba.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is Lamb done? You would think he might have some value as a shooter off the bench.

The injury bug really got the best of him last few years. He had some solid years though, particulary in Charlotte with Kemba.
Seems like it. Think I saw he had a workout with the Lakers this offseason and was never signed. Lakers have some of the worst bench depth in the league.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom