Pinstripe Bowl. ND vs Rutgers | The Boneyard

Pinstripe Bowl. ND vs Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If UConn had been bowl eligible I thought this is the bowl game they'd have been invited to. It makes me wonder if new HC Diaco would have still accepted the offer... Wouldn't that have given the BYers something to talk about.

Reaction Score
This game will get ugly fast. Rutgers will embarrass the B10 again.

Reaction Score
You do realize if UConn were bowl eligible we might not have fired the HC - Now, wouldn't that have given the BYers something to talk about.

The gauntlet has been laid. The goal is not 6-6, it's 10 wins, annually.

Reaction Score
This game will get ugly fast. Rutgers will embarrass the B10 again.

And Notre Dame the ACC. But the ACC won't care because, Notre Dame actually said "Hi" to them in the school hallway for like four days in a row. How cool is that?

Reaction Score
Before you guys hired Diaco, I would've put the chances we get run out of town at maybe 80%. Now I give it more like a 70% chance, with a 30% probability of a close contest.

Reaction Score
As to the game RU has a shot. This is a team thankful for reaching .500 and happy to be playing in a bowl game in NYC in December. ND went from the NC game to this, and w/half of their staff gone. This is a game RU has circled; it is one ND wishes it could cross off.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Rutgers sold their entire allotment of tickets - 10K. No surprise there.

Not sure if want Rutgers to lose because well it's Rutgers, or to win, because we beat them.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If it's nice I might shoot down to this one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If it's nice I might shoot down to this one.

If you do, please cover that ridiculous "Syracuse is New York's College Team" sign with a #DIACONNECTICUT sign. Heck, I might even go down to watch this game and do it myself.

Reaction Score
Marketing fail: they are advertising the game in the subways but didn't put the teams on it. Probably printed before hand, but if you want to sell tickets you need to tell people that it is ND/R. Only hardcore idiots like us know that.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Marketing fail: they are advertising the game in the subways but didn't put the teams on it. Probably printed before hand, but if you want to sell tickets you need to tell people that it is ND/R. Only hardcore idiots like us know that.

Not really a marketing fail. Rutgirls paid for those signs figuring anyone who saw them would immediately link them with RU seeing as how they're posted in NY's basement.

Reaction Score
ND being in this game is going to make this a very expensive ticket to get. StunHub minimum ticket price is already over $100.

Reaction Score
Rutgers sold their entire allotment of tickets - 10K. No surprise there.

Not sure if want Rutgers to lose because well it's Rutgers, or to win, because we beat them.

ND announced that it sold out its allotment yesterday. Now you have to go through the Yankee Stadium ticket office or Stub Hub. Stub Hub says ticket prices are up 75% over last year's game.

Reaction Score
Keeping score??

3 Coaching changes for each school....
ND loses OC and DC & possibly DL coach to advancements.
Univ of NJ fired 3 coaches.

Reaction Score
Not really a marketing fail. Rutgirls paid for those signs figuring anyone who saw them would immediately link them with RU seeing as how they're posted in NY's basement.
The future bottom dwellers of the B1G.

Reaction Score
According to Forbes, the average price for a ticket to the Pinstripe Bowl is going for $253, which is the 5th highest of all the Bowl games. It is more than two BCS games, the Fiesta and the Orange Bowl.

Reaction Score
You're the bottom dweller of the AAC....you shouldn't throw stones when your own house is made of glass. Just saying.
You do realize you lost to us?

WTF @ ticket prices. It's not going to sell out. I might give it a shot and go, too.

Reaction Score
Irishfan said:
According to Forbes, the average price for a ticket to the Pinstripe Bowl is going for $253, which is the 5th highest of all the Bowl games. It is more than two BCS games, the Fiesta and the Orange Bowl.

A local team plus ND is a great draw. This isn't terribly surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom