Pikiell vs Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Pikiell vs Hurley

Reaction Score
Enough of this. I love Dan Hurley, and strongly believe he is the perfect hire for this job.

Do you guys even remotely understand the cards he was dealt? What do you think these close game scores would be if we didn't have him?

Hint: we would be getting shellacked like it's 2017.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am happy for anyone affiliated with UConn. I follow UConn grads in the NBA. I have watched UConn players on TV overseas. I was very happy when Pike went to RU. I went to the RAC for many games as I was an Adjunct Prof and my wife (Law), daughter and sister went to school there. My RU daughter got me tickets to UConn RU every year for Christmas. Funny story that same daughter asked if she could have some friends over for a party many years ago. We were away but she was the responsible daughter and I said yes. Several of our high school football players had made the RU football team, including 3 linemen and they were some of those invited over. We came home to find the party just about over but the three linemen were still in our hot tub! When they got out they apologized profusely because there was little water left in the hot tub. One tried to explain how much water is displaced by a 900 lb mass!

Reaction Score
I just wish Steve Pikiell was doing this anywhere other than Rutgers.
In an ideal world maybe he does get hired in 2012. Do we still win in 2014? Would we have lost guys?
Ollie was the guard coach in 2011
How much of RB and Bazz’s loyalty was personal. I don’t know. Apparently the bigs had no loyalty to the school or a coach.
DD was recruited by KO so there are three maybes.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Because the long term prospects at Rutgers are awful. What Rutgers does is lose. At everything.
Thats a lot of harsh. It is a wonderful University with many programs on par with or even better than ours. I don't think our football team would do well against RU on a regular basis and I have seen some of our better bball teams sweat it out at the RAC (it is the hottest sweatiest places on earth) and I have seen them lose at the RAC.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
I don't believe Pikiell has ever made the tourney, although he won his conference regular season at Stony Brook.
Stonybrook went to the tournament in his last year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SP recruits Calhoun type players and approaches his game plan like JC
DH - no idea yet but his game coaching better improve real soon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members