Pie Rats ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

Pie Rats ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Disclaimer: I did not see very much of this game. I had surgery yesterday. As things worked out, I got to see a small bit, of the beginning of the game while a very foxy little nurse read many pages of discharge instructions to me. We were down 10 to 2 when the wheelchair showed up to take me down to my patiently waiting wife. To tell the truth, I was relieved that I didn't have to keep watching. I tried to catch up on my phone on the ride home, but my wife had all the expected questions and concerns, so I didn't get to see much of the game. Had to stop and pick up prescriptions on the way home. That turned into a 2 hour debacle way too confusing to relate here. The game was over when I got home, but I had it recorded. Our shooting, our defense and our incredible lack of offensive rebounds were so depressing that I just kind of skimmed and skipped my way through it, and got very little detail.

With that said, here's my ThoughtZ™
  1. Gaffney had his best game as a Husky. He was aggressive and made some outstanding offensive plays. But he also allowed himself to be trapped against the half-court line time and again.
  2. Sanogo was a bright spot. We should have involved him more.
  3. Jackson impressed me a bit, and probably should have taken a more alpha dog approach. He looked as effective bringing it up against pressure as Gaffney, and way better than Cole. He also got the offense started quicker than either of them.
  4. Cole had his worst game as a husky.
  5. Whaley had his worst game in memory.
  6. Martin was not Martin.
  7. Polley was Badpolley.
  8. Badams was BADams.
  9. What happened to our all world offensive rebounding? Too often, we'd take a jumper with three or four seconds left on the shot clock and there would be 4 blue shirts and no white shirts in rebounding position. None.
  10. Seton Hall's guards seemed two steps quicker than ours, and played very good on ball defense. I thought they got a little handsy at times, but it wasn't egregiously dirty or overly physical.
  11. Did Hurley have an actual strategy behind running the shot clock down to 4 or 5 seconds before any semblance of an attempt to get the ball in the hole on every possession in the last 7 minutes of the game?

And that's it. Didn't really see most of it, and trying desperately to forget most of the parts I did see.

Reaction Score
Disclaimer: I did not see very much of this game. I had surgery yesterday. As things worked out, I got to see a small bit, of the beginning of the game while a very foxy little nurse read many pages of discharge instructions to me. We were down 10 to 2 when the wheelchair showed up to take me down to my patiently waiting wife. To tell the truth, I was relieved that I didn't have to keep watching. I tried to catch up on my phone on the ride home, but my wife had all the expected questions and concerns, so I didn't get to see much of the game. Had to stop and pick up prescriptions on the way home. That turned into a 2 hour debacle way too confusing to relate here. The game was over when I got home, but I had it recorded. Our shooting, our defense and our incredible lack of offensive rebounds were so depressing that I just kind of skimmed and skipped my way through it, and got very little detail.

1. Gaffney had his best game as a Husky. He was aggressive and made some outstanding offensive plays. But he also allowed himself to be trapped against the half-court line time and again.
  3. Jackson impressed me a bit, and probably should have taken a more alpha dog approach. He looked as effective bringing it up against pressure as Gaffney, and way better than Cole. He also got the offense started quicker than either of them.
  7. Polley was Badpolley.
  8. Badams was BADams.
  9. What happened to our all world offensive rebounding? Too often, we'd take a jumper with three or four seconds left on the shot clock and there would be 4 blue shirts and no white shirts in rebounding position. None.
  10. Seton Hall's guards seemed two steps quicker than ours, and played very good on ball defense. I thought they got a little handsy at times, but it wasn't egregiously dirty or overly physical.
  11. Did Hurley have an actual strategy behind running the shot clock down to 4 or 5 seconds before any semblance of an attempt to get the ball in the hole on every possession in the last 7 minutes of the game?

And that's it. Didn't really see most of it, and trying desperately to forget most of the parts I did see.
Take care of yourself. Huskies are going to be fun once we have a full roster.

Reaction Score

7. Polley was Badpolley.
  8. Badams was BADams.

Been on this forum for decades, you have got to be one of the top 5 fans of all time! Not sure from what you just went through posting today is good or bad, but respect! When you get around to it, let us know what meds they gave you, because to get home from surgery and then being able to watch the recorded game and summarize it means you have found the good stuff.

Get well, Bouk is coming.

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Seems to be a recurring theme lately.

So, tell us a little more about that foxy little nurse. ;)
Dear Boneyard Forum,

I never thought this would happen to me. It all started with a bed bath...

(Glad to hear the surgery went well Rich. I hope you have a quick recovery. )

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Dear Boneyard Forum,

I never thought this would harm to me. It all started with a bed bath,,,

(Glad to hear the surgery went well Rich. I hope you have a quick recovery. )
Come for the bed bath, stay for the beyond. Or should I say...oh nevermind

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom