Pictures from Boise State @ UCONN | The Boneyard

Pictures from Boise State @ UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have assumed in recent years the message is "if you don't make this play, I am going home." The students are such a joke these days.
I like this explanation. The real answer, unfortunately, is that it is a "key" play. Va Tech does this and I am sure there a bunch of others that do it too.

My car doesn't have a key. Should I be shaking my fob instead?

Reaction Score
Bunch of wussies. I have complained about this since the Pappa John Bowl. Tinkle,tinkle. Notice how many are yelling!
Like I have said before what is wrong with THUNDER STICKS or is that too not politically correct. Cincinnati Bearcats think its OK. Lets make some real noise and it gets the fans into the game. All they have to do is remember that you only clap them together when we are on defense.

Reaction Score
I like this explanation. The real answer, unfortunately, is that it is a "key" play. Va Tech does this and I am sure there a bunch of others that do it too.

I thought the key thing was supposed to be for "key" plays when you are on offense. You are acknowledging the "key" play without making too much noise for the offense to audible. For "key" plays when we are on defense you should be making as much noise as possible.

Reaction Score
I thought it was "get your keys out cause we're on a drive"

Reaction Score
I don't care why they do it, I just want them to stop. How about putting the padding back? The students used to bang on that and made a lot of noise. Please stop with the keys. Make real noise, yell.

Reaction Score
The 'stick it in' cheer, is by far, the best cheer in any home stadium in all of division 1 football.

I'm not sure if the students have just stopped doing it, or if we haven't as team, really given them the opportunity to do it much, with the play on field.

Either way, I'd like to hear that cheer again, a lot coming out of that student side of the stadium.

Reaction Score
The 'stick it in' cheer, is by far, the best cheer in any home stadium in all of division 1 football.

I'm not sure if the students have just stopped doing it, or if we haven't as team, really given them the opportunity to do it much, with the play on field.

Either way, I'd like to hear that cheer again, a lot coming out of that student side of the stadium.

The "stick it in "cheer was done Once or twice sort of, it seemed that a lot of the students didn't know what to do.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Like I have said before what is wrong with THUNDER STICKS or is that too not politically correct. Cincinnati Bearcats think its OK. Lets make some real noise and it gets the fans into the game. All they have to do is remember that you only clap them together when we are on defense.

They only happen to be:

1) THE MOST ANNOYING THINGS ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH
2) Pretty much the universal sign for "our fanbase sucks, so we need noise implements"

Reaction Score
The "stick it in "cheer was done Once or twice sort of, it seemed that a lot of the students didn't know what to do.

There is a pretty good joke somewhere in here, if it wasn't so sad. :)

I hope they learn how to do the "stick it in". I hope the team on the field, gives them plenty of opportunities to do the "stick it in"

Reaction Score

The band and cheerleaders lead the "stick it in" cheer on every offensive play inside the 20. I only recall that happening about 5 times so far this season. Definitely unique :)

Reaction Score
If the students all come by bus and have 1 key for their dorm, how do they have multiple keys to make them jingle? :rolleyes:

All kidding aside, has anyone ever figured out how many students come by bus and how many drive?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Shaking keys was something that the AD started. Every 3rd down when Welcome to the Jungle started playing there was also something about shaking keys on the video. Cheerleaders also led it. There was a game when Johnathan had a big foam key as well and it of course broke the first time he shook it.

On a positive note, the stick it in chant is fantastic, though we are not the originators as far as I know. I believe Va Tech did it before we did and eventually got rid of it because of the innuendo. The offense the last 3 years had like 7 red zone trips total so I think the current students probably don't know much about it. The band still does it every red zone play and it will become automatic for the students as the offense picks up. When I was a student a couple years ago the question was how has the rest of the stadium not caught on to this.

Reaction Score

Yes. Gridiron football champions were given engraved/decorated fobs back in the day.

Reaction Score
South Carolina fans took offense at the stick it in cheer which was really funny because of what they were yelling and had on their shirts, which I personally found more offensive.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
South Carolina fans took offense at the stick it in cheer which was really funny because of what they were yelling and had on their shirts, which I personally found more offensive.

They should have taken more offense to the way we pushed them all over the field that day. Had they c0cks between they legs...tuck it and run (for cover)!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
What's with students shaking keys?

My guess is that they're getting their keys out to get ready to leave games early.

"Wallet? Check. Phone? Check. Keys? Check. A'ight Johnny Hipster, let's go back out to the parking lot to listen to some rap music and steal someone's grill."

Reaction Score
I thought the key thing was supposed to be for "key" plays when you are on offense. You are acknowledging the "key" play without making too much noise for the offense to audible. For "key" plays when we are on defense you should be making as much noise as possible.

This is correct, and it's probably done in half the college stadiums in the country. It's also really, really dumb.

Reaction Score
The key jingling is useless. Barely makes any audible sound at all. Never understood it.

Those students should be yelling their arses off and stomping the bleachers on big plays if you want to generate noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom