Picking our favorite college basketball stars of the past decade | The Boneyard

Picking our favorite college basketball stars of the past decade

Reaction Score
Kemba named by Matt Norlander, who I think still lives in CT.

There's a lot of players to consider. My finalists were Doug McDermott, D'Angelo Russell, Frank Kaminsky, Buddy Hield, Carsen Edwards and Jalen Brunson.

But my pick is Kemba Walker. He's become a symbol for singular college basketball superstar, at least in terms of being capable of carrying a team to a title.

Reaction Score
That 2010-11 season was my first one covering college basketball for CBSSports.com. The Huskies beat Louisville by three in the Big East Tournament final, and it was late. Really late. That's back when the Big East title game started a little after 9 p.m. Walker had 19 that night and was obviously the Big East tourney MOP. He went to the dais, spoke there, then did side interviews in the bowels of MSG. That lasted 20 minutes -- at least. I stood off to the side of the scrum, and after all the other writers had finished, Kemba was slumped against the wall, clearly exhausted, and I said something like, "Listen, you don't need to do any more interviews, man."

He wouldn't have it. He waved me over and said something along the lines of, "Nah, one more, man. I'm tired, but I'm not that tired."

That's Kemba.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom