Pick Your Favorite Basketball Movie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Pick Your Favorite Basketball Movie

Reaction Score

Here's a documentary on Miss State's first trip to the NCAA men's tournament in 1963.
One Night in March.

Reaction Score

Here's a documentary on Miss State's first trip to the NCAA men's tournament in 1963.
One Night in March.

Very good! I knew about Loyola of Chicago but I never knew the story. about Mississippi State that year. Everyone should watch this.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hooisers has so many things going for it. There's basketball and competition. There is the fall and reedemption of Norman Dale. There's the old I hate you when we met but I've come to love you, love story, plus the old I hate you when we met but I've come to love and respect you between the coach and team. It just does a lot things well. It also has many memorable moments and lines:
  • "My team's on the floor."
  • "I think you’ll find it’s the exact same measurements as our gym back in Hickory."
  • "Now, boys, don’t get caught watching the paint dry"
  • "Dentyne"
  • "There's two kinds of dumb. A guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and a guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don’t matter, the second one you’re kinda forced to deal with."
  • And my favorite: "Sun don’t shine on the same dog’s ass everyday, but, mister you ain’t seen a ray of light since you got here."

Reaction Score
Hooisers has so many things going for it. There's basketball and competition.
  • "There's two kinds of dumb. A guy that gets naked and runs out in the snow and barks at the moon, and a guy who does the same thing in my living room. First one don’t matter, the second one you’re kinda forced to deal with.".

Well put!

AND the film score - no mention of "Hoosiers" is complete without a nod to Jerry Goldsmith's remarkably spot-on artisty...

Reaction Score
Hoosiers- Gold

Glory Road - Silver

White Men Can't Jump - Bronze

There are a few mentioned in this thread I haven't seen yet, so I may have to do more homework.

Reaction Score
Having grown up in Indiana I'm kind of partial to Hoosiers.

I was managing a pizza place at the time of filming, and we got a call from someone pretending to be ordering pizzas for the cast and crew. Wanted 100 of them and we thought we were getting pranked. About an hour later, some guy pulls up to the door in a big van, jumps out talking on one of those old brick of a cell phones and we load the pizzas in his van and our delivery drivers car. Our driver got a $100 tip that night and got to see several of the actors involved.

Also in the opening scene, when Hackman's car is pulling up to the store, that's just down the street from my cousin's house. It's just outside the town I grew up in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom