Saturday
Wichata
Tenn./Louisville 4:00 espn2
South Dakota/Michigan 6:30 espn2

South Carolina / Creighton
Stanford / Texas
NC State / UConn
Louisville / Michigan

If I'm picking who I'm rooting for......

North Carolina / Creighton
Stanford / Texas
UConn / NC State
Tennessee / South Dakota

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You've got to include UConn. A win is a win. I don't care how grumpy Geno is. His team is strong. Go Huskies!

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
South Carolina / Creighton
Stanford / Texas
NC State / UConn
Louisville / Michigan

If I'm picking who I'm rooting for......

North Carolina / Creighton
Stanford / Texas
UConn / NC State
Tennessee / South Dakota
Good post.

Reaction Score
Based upon my original Bracket pick for the sweet sixteen:
South Carolina over North Carolina
Iowa State over Creighton BUT... I want Creighton to win! Go Big East!
Texas over OSU BUT.. I want OSU to win! Dorka's old school.
Stanford over Maryland BUT... I want Maryland to win (The enemy of my enemy is my friend!)
North Carolina State over N.D. Why can't they both lose?
UCONN over Indiana BUT... I like Indiana , except when they are playing the HUSKIES.
Louisville over Tennessee BUT... I hope for Tennessee ( enemy of my enemy , see above )
Michigan over South Dakota BUT... I want South Dakota to win, Cinderella lives!

Reaction Score
Based upon my original Bracket pick for the sweet sixteen:
South Carolina over North Carolina
Iowa State over Creighton BUT... I want Creighton to win! Go Big East!
Texas over OSU BUT.. I want OSU to win! Dorka's old school.
Stanford over Maryland BUT... I want Maryland to win (The enemy of my enemy is my friend!)
UCONN over Indiana BUT... I like Indiana , except when they are playing the HUSKIES.
Louisville over Tennessee BUT... I hope for Tennessee ( enemy of my enemy , see above )
Michigan over South Dakota BUT... I want South Dakota to win, Cinderella lives!

LOVE THIS!!!!

Reaction Score
No respect for the Big Tenfourteen?
None!!! Iowa already proved that. The entire league is over rated, at least in Womens Basketball. Anyone who picks Michigan is a fool.

Reaction Score
Mine are in bold below:

Friday
Greensboro
North Carolina/South Carolina 7:00 espn
Creighton/Iowa State 9:30 espn2

Friday
Spokane
Maryland/Stanford 9:30 espn
Ohio State/Texas 7:00 espn2

Saturday
Bridgeport
Notre Dame/NC State 11;30 espn
UConn/Indiana 2:00 espn

Saturday
Wichata

I second this.

Reaction Score
NB - these are not my bracket picks, however they are the ol' struggle between head, heart, and hunches.

Maryland/Stanford 9:30 espn (tossup)
Ohio State/Texas 7:00 espn2 (tossup)
Not to pick a fight... SC has not been as impressive as everyone made them out to be I think NC could beat them... I think Stanford should have been the overall #1. I wonder if that would have changed anything had they been the overall 1 or if everything would have been the same regardless...

Reaction Score
Not to pick a fight... SC has not been as impressive as everyone made them out to be I think NC could beat them... I think Stanford should have been the overall #1. I wonder if that would have changed anything had they been the overall 1 or if everything would have been the same regardless...
Both teams you mention have had their shots at SC. They failed. That has a little to do with rankings and seedings.

Reaction Score
I agree SC has not been playing their best basketball and if they don't pick it up they can lose to NC. However, SC had the better resume and they beat Stanford. There is not a metric that said Stanford should have gotten the number one overall seed over SC. Against teams in the sweet 16: SC have wins over Maryland, UConn, Stanford, NC State, Tennessee, and South Dakota(6-0). Stanford is 3-2 against teams that made the sweet sixteen. SC is 4-0 against the regular season final top 10. Stanford is 0-2.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Lest we forget, UNC struggled BIG TIME with SFA in the first round. SFA would have finished near the bottom of the SEC, and we all know what SC did with those teams.

Reaction Score
Friday
Greensboro

Friday
Spokane

Saturday
Bridgeport

Saturday
Wichata

Reaction Score
Lest we forget, UNC struggled BIG TIME with SFA in the first round. SFA would have finished near the bottom of the SEC, and we all know what SC did with those teams.
Sure do, (Missouri)

Reaction Score
LOVE THIS!!!!
This may be a case of cutting off your nose to save your face but there clearly is only one choice here: ND

Reaction Score
None!!! Iowa already proved that. The entire league is over rated, at least in Womens Basketball. Anyone who picks Michigan is a fool.
Maybe wait for the league to get wiped out this second weekend because because no league had a better record in the first weekend.

Reaction Score
Yeah.... and NC fans will be outnumbered by a great deal at home. Predicting about 4,000 SC fans..... 1,000 Big Carolina fans.... 7 salty Duke fans rooting for SC.
Sorry, Triaddukefan, I know Wake doesn't have the passionate relationship with UNC that Dookies do, but I've got to root for Carolina and the ACC against SC and the SEC...

Reaction Score
Yeah.... and NC fans will be outnumbered by a great deal at home. Predicting about 4,000 SC fans..... 1,000 Big Carolina fans.... 7 salty Duke fans rooting for SC.
I love Duke fans. Their rivals get no days off. Duke fans are on some next level...the enemy of my enemy thingy. lol

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
South Carolina - Iowa State

Louisville - South Dakota

Stanford - Texas

UConn - Notre Dame

Thought I'd be the outlier picking South Dakota, but I see quite a few have picked the Yotes. I hope I don't have to be embarrassed/take heat over picking Notre Dame, they just looked really good the other night.

Reaction Score
Sorry, Triaddukefan, I know Wake doesn't have the passionate relationship with UNC that Dookies do, but I've got to root for Carolina and the ACC against SC and the SEC...
You don’t have to root for anyone, UNC is just better than SC.

Reaction Score
I would love to see Creighton and South Dakota win as well but Cinderella probably is not going to find her slipper. I really feel like Notre Dame is going to win but the numbers say it's 50/50. You can be hot as a firecracker one game and not able to hit the rim the next. I do give Notre Dame the edge. I think Maryland / Stanford will be close. There is no reason why North Carolina should win but it's a great rivalry and if NC shoots 3's well and SC goes cold? Anything could happen with any of these games. Rori Harmon is the biggest sleeper in this tournament. I don't think Texas makes it past Stanford but I think they beat Ohio State. Louisville over Tennessee is a no brainer, which means it probably is the big upset!

Friday
Greensboro

Friday
Spokane

Saturday
Bridgeport